We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

Hi,

I'm looking to go to the USS Arizona and surrounding Pearl Harbor museums during my stay in Honolulu. The tickets from recreation.gov are sold out for June 20th,...but hawaiifun.org seems to have some. I've haven't purchased tickets from them yet but have added to cart and gone to the point of adding credit card information. From my readings, USS Arizona has specific tour times, but hawaiifun doesn't ask for time slots but still says tickets are available.

Am I missing something? Hawaiifun.org seems like a legitimate site, but I don't see how they can provide tickets without request for time information. Has anyone purchase USS Arizona and other Pearl Harbor tickets from them?

Here's the link to their Pearl Harbor offerings.

https://www.hawaiifun.org/Pearl+Harbor+Historic+Sites.shtml

Thanks!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,847 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

You need to understand that commercial "Pearl Harbor Tours" are simply transportation to Pearl Harbor. They do not provide tours within Pearl Harbor. Commercial tours do have reserved a certain number of slots of the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. The Arizona Memorial is the site that has very restricted capacity - so the on-line slots/tickets go very quick.

For the most part, we recommend that if you need a ticket slot for the Arizona - and they are not available on line - arrive at Pearl Harbor super early and stand in line for a ticket. There are tickets available, and coming super early enhances your chances greatly.

I, personally, would never use an activity vendor for anything. I don't want the middle man, the unscheduled stops ... and the odds of a screw up. If you need transportation to Pearl Harbor that includes the Arizona Memorial tour - deal directly with that shuttle company, not a vendor. If you want to go on another type tour or activity - deal directly with that company as well. On line activity vendors come and go ...

So - one of the down-sides of using a commercial Pearl Harbor shuttle "tour" is that you have to adhere to their time frame - line up to get back to their bus when they say. If you want to do this - understand that your time at Pearl Harbor (which is easily an all-day event) will be cut short. One way to "fix" this situation is to take the commercial shuttle to Pearl Harbor for the Arizona tickets - and then let the driver know that you will be taking the public bus back to Waikiki. That way you are free to enjoy and explore Pearl Harbor at your own pace.

(They don't ask you for the time you want - they tell you according to when they arrive at Pearl Harbor. So if they are picking you up at 8:00 - most likely your time will be 9:30 or a bit later.)

Edited: 15 June 2013, 02:13
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,847 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

robertshawaii.com/sightseeing-attractions/ar…

http://www.enoa.com/pearl-harbor-tours/

These are two reputable tour companies that provide excursions to Pearl Harbor. Some add to Pearl Harbor (other stops and drive-bys), but both have basic Pearl Harbor transportation as well.

There are simply shuttle companies, but off the top of my head, I cannot name them. If you contact your hotel concierge or activity desk, they should be able to help you.

Edited: 15 June 2013, 02:19
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,508 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

fodaley

If you scroll down to the USS Arizona Memorial Audio Tour, you will see this:

"Movie and boat rides to the USS Arizona Memorial are NOT included in this USS Arizona Memorial Tour."

You either have to book a commercial tour that includes either a Circle Island tour or city tour along with USS Arizona Memorial tour. These would be the ENOA, Roberts & Polyad (Polynesian Adventures) tours that BLBL mentioned. And maybe a couple of others.

or

Get there by 6am or so if you want tickets for the film & to go to the memorial.

You can do exactly the same as the Hawaiifun "tour" on your own.

The Hawaiifun "tours" do not include transportation from Waikiki & return to Waikiki. They all seem to indicate check in at the Visitors Center.

And it is misleading:

This is the USS Arizona Audio tour & USS Missouri Half Day Tour:

https://www.hawaiifun.org/Pearl+Harbor+Historic+Sites/Arizona+Audio+Tour-Missouri+Half+Day+Tour.shtml

"This 5 hour tour includes the USS Arizona Memorial Audio Tour and admission into Battleship Missouri Memorial for a discounted price of $27.50 for adults and $17 for children (4-12). Transportation from the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center to the Battleship Missouri Memorial is included.

The USS Arizona Memorial Audio Tour is hosted by the famous actress Jamie Lee Curtis, the Pearl Harbor Survivors and the National Park Service historians. The fascinating Audio Tour take visitors throughout the entire Visitor Center, it's museums, shoreline displays, onto the USS Arizona Memorial itself and is recommended to all individuals looking for an enhanced experience.

The Battleship Missouri is the last of the major Battleship built by the US and serviced with honor in WWII, the Korean, Vietnam and Gulf Wars. The Battleship Missouri's fascinating history includes the official signing of the Peace Treaty with Japan on her desks and thus become one of the most visited destinations at Pearl Harbor. A fully narrated Audio Tour is included in your admission.

Movie and boat rides to the USS Arizona Memorial are NOT included in this Half Day Tour package. To secure your reservations for the USS Arizona Memorial Tour, call toll free 1-877-444-6777 or visit recreation.gov. If you find that recreation.gov is sold out for the day you wish to visit, there are still hundreds of tickets available each day at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, which opens daily at 7am. These tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis."

The way I read it is that the audio tour somehow takes you onto the USS Arizona Memorial itself. I don't know if this means watching some type of screen with Jamie Lee Curtis narrating.

Yet later on in the same tour, it says, "Movie and boat rides to the USS Arizona Memorial are NOT included in this Half Day Tour package."

Also the "tour' mentions that it includes tranportation from the visitors center to USS Missouri.

All of the USS Missouri tickets include transportation from the visitors center to USS Missouri on Ford Island. So the Hawaiifun "tour" isn't giving you anything that isn't already there.

My advice is to get there at 6am & get tickets to USS Arizona Memorial.

You can stay and go to as many of the other three museums as you want on your own.

There seems to be absolutely no benefit at all taking the Hawaiifun tour as it does not include the film or the ferry to & from the memorial & the time on the memorial.

The shuttles that BLBL mentions also do not include the film or the memorial. There are merely transportation from Waikiki to the visitors center & return to Waikiki.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

As a first time visitor, it was hard for me to discern what hawaiifun is offering vs if I buy directly. I'm glad I asked on this forum. Thanks for clarifying!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,508 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

I had not seen that hawaiifun link before. So I went to it & read through their tours.

Unless I'm reading them wrong, they offer absolutely nothing that you cannot do on your own.

No transportation from Waikiki (Perhaps they do offer it for extra $$ if you book one of their tours). Check in at the visitors center.

No visit to the actual USS Arizona Memorial off Ford Island.

Transportation to USS Missouri, Pacific Aviation Museum and USS Oklahoma Memorial is by shuttle (free - comes with any ticket) from the visitors center to Ford Island.

On a side note: www.hawaiifun.org has been around a long time and they are legitimate.

But I sure would not book any of the tours on that link.

Columbia, Tennessee
Level Contributor
19 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

Thanks for all your advice here. My husband & I are staying at the Miramar At Waikiki.We want to visit Pearl Harbor on Friday or Sat. Aug 23 or 24. I went online to get advance tickets for the Arizona and they are sold out for that day. All of the tours seemed geared to Cruise Ship people and we don't want anything to do with that kind of travel. What is the best way for us to get there early in the morning? We are not renting a car. Taxi? Public Bus?

Edited: 04 August 2013, 21:22
Columbia, Tennessee
Level Contributor
19 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

Thanks for all your advice here. My husband & I are staying at the Miramar At Waikiki. I went online to get advance tickets for the Arizona and they are sold out for that day. All of the tours seemed geared to Cruise Ship people and we don't want anything to do with that kind of travel. What is the best way for us to get there early in the morning? We are not renting a car. Taxi? Public Bus?

Columbia, Tennessee
Level Contributor
19 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

Thanks for all your advice here. My husband & I are staying at the Miramar At Waikiki. I went online to get advance tickets for the Arizona and they are sold out for that day. All of the tours seemed geared to Cruise Ship people and we don't want anything to do with that kind of travel. What is the best way for us to get there early in the morning? We are not renting a car. Taxi? Public Bus?

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,410 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

Taxi or public bus depending on what time you want to arrive there.

Taxi will be quite a bit more expensive and the bus will take a little longer.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,352 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pearl Harbor Tours through hawaiifun.org

The best but most expensive way to get to Pearl Harbor would be by taxi. Should take less than an half an hour to get there that way. By bus it will be about an hour.