We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbour - need to book?

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
443 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbour - need to book?

We are going to Honolulu in September and wondering if we need to pre book tickets for the Pearl Harbour tour? Is there a website to book tickets? Do we need to book online before we leave Australia or should we be ok to just book a couple of days in advance (we will be in Maui the week before we fly to Honolulu). I believe september is off peak so hopefully it wont be packed.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Royal Star Hawaii Deluxe Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Oahu Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Escape Waikiki Tours
Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
E Noa Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbour - need to book?

Hey, Spuddy: YES, reserve your tickets. It's not a "Pearl Harbor Tour," but the National Parks Service tour of the Arizona Memorial. You know the difference, yes? Grab that Oahu travel guidebook...

http://www.nps.gov/valr/index.htm Pull up this website and look to the left of the screen ... pull up "Plan Your Visit." You can get Arizona Memorial tickets/slots and/or something more encompassing with various sites at Pearl Harbor.

Hop on it, as the Arizona Memorial tickets go very fast - and their hours have been cut.

Also look to the right-hand side of THIS screen under "Top Questions," and you will see Pearl Harbor Museums.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,998 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbour - need to book?

Here's the website and yes, book in advance. The USS Arizona is free, but $1.50 each for a reservation fee. Beats standing in a long line or arriving at the crack of dawn. There's fewer tours offered. We're not coming until Aug 23, but already have our time reserved...a few time slots were sold out.

www.recreation.gov/tourList.do…

3Chihuahuas

Edited: 20 June 2013, 02:32
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
443 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbour - need to book?

thankyou both for the information/links. I will definitely book the Arizona Memorial tonight after I check with the better half which day we want to go

Thanks again!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
137 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbour - need to book?

Read my post put today. I tried in early June to book for June 18 or up to 10 days after, and every single day was sold out! Nothing was available until mid-July, too late for us.

After we arrived on the 18th, the first open date was in August! So yes, book way ahead or hope like heck for a cancallation, like we got today.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,998 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbour - need to book?

I found this info on another recent thread - "They only release 35 tickets for each tour online - there are 150 tickets for each tour."

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k652574…

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Harbour - need to book?

<<I found this info on another recent thread - "They only release 35 tickets for each tour online - there are 150 tickets for each tour." >> Keep in mind that some of the residual tickets will be gulped down by commercial shuttle vendors - their groups.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
443 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pearl Harbour - need to book?

Does anyone know if there is a big difference between the 1 day passport and the Memorial visit? i know its $55 for the passport but i am not sure if that includes the tour which only goes for 3 days a year.

Should we just do the Arizona Memorial which is free or are the Museums worth visiting?

Thanks

Online availability Tour Type Duration Effort Photo

Enter Date

Passport to Pearl Harbor

Combo Tour Easy

Accessible Photo: Passport to Pearl Harbor

USS Arizona Memorial

Historic Tour 1 hr. 15 min.

Easy

Accessible

Passport

Historic Tour Accessible

One-Day Passport Option: A one-day Passport to Pearl Harbor allows you to visit all four Pearl Harbor Historic Sites and includes admission to: the USS Arizona Memorial with Audio Tour , to the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park, the Battleship Missouri Memorial, and the Pacific Aviation Museum. Reserved Passports to Pearl Harbor can be picked up at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center's NPS Tickets and Information Desk.

Two-Day Upgrade Option: If you wish to extend your Passport to Pearl Harbor for a second day, you may purchase a $10 upgrade at the Visitor Center's Pearl Harbor Historic Sites' Tickets and Information Desk. The second day is valid for an additional seven days.

Please visit each site's own website for more details on planning your day(s) at Pearl Harbor.

Please note: Prices listed here do not include the $1.50 per ticket convenience fee, which is non-refundable under all circumstances.

Prices: Adult: $55.00, Child (4 - 12): $30.00

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pearl Harbour - need to book?

Yes, loved seeing the USS Missouri, and Pacific Aviation Museum. Can't speak for Bowfin, because we don't do submarines. Only way you can get to Ford Island is by purchasing tickets for two aforementioned sites. Whatever you decide sure that you will enjoy visiting any or all of these PH sites for an Insight into WWII events

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,026 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pearl Harbour - need to book?

The only one you really need reservations for is the USS Arizona Memorial tour.

You can get the other tickets at the visitors center for the other museums when you get there.

At $55 for the other three museums, there is no significant savings to make advanced reservations.

See the Top Question on the right for Pearl Harbor Museums.

And I think you are confusing the USS Arizona Memorial tour with the special Pearl Harbor tour which is only a few times a year. The special tour is about $30. They just had the special tour for about 3 days over Memorial Day weekend.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 17:50
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
443 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pearl Harbour - need to book?

Thanks Dusty/Cruz

We have just booked the Arizona Memorial for now and will then just buy tickets for the museums on the day. I am the same Cruz, now overly keen to see the Sub but the Missouri and Aviation Museum sound very interesting