We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fun things????

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
fun things????

Me and my soon to be wife are getting married Saturday and then going to Oahu the next morning for our honeymoon and need to know some fun things tto do,good eats,etc

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,910 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fun things????

Have you looked at the topics listed on the top right of this page and reviewed what is listed there? If not you should.

Also suggest you look at people who have posted itineraries in the last couple of weeks on here to see what they are thinking and the comments people made about those. You will get much more information that way, and much quicker, than if you wait to collect a bunch of new replies to your post.

Then, once you have some ideas, come back with specific questions if you have them.

And, don't screw this up. Your wife will always remember if she enjoyed her honeymoon !! LOL

Congrats and have a great trip.

Aloha

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,535 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fun things????

If you are on a handheld device (iPhone, iPad, etc) you may not see the Top Questions about Oahu (Honolulu) at the right side of the screen, but it is a great place to start, especially for dining.

Here are two of the food threads:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k442912…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k564936…

Fun depends on what is fun to you.

I think unique, Hawaiian activities like an outrigger canoe ride, catamaran sail, stand-up paddle lessons, etc are fun. Here is a thread on "unique".

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k641539…

I'd also take in Hawaiian music at the House Without a Key, Banyan Courtyard, Moana Terrace (Marriott) and Kani Ka Pila Grille, to name a few.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,587 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fun things????

What kinds of things do you like to do?

There's hiking DiamondHead, surf lessons, snorkeling Hanuama Bay, paddleboats, sunset catamaran cruise, Bishop Museum, Iolani Palace, Doris Duke ShangriLa Estate, Honolulu Academy of the Arts, Chinatown, etc. etc.

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,922 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fun things????

suze2you: "What kinds of things do you like to do?"

More importantly, what does she like to do? ;-)

Congrats on your wedding.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fun things????

Lots of fun things to do at www.101ThingsToDo.com. Upon your arrival, sidewalks stands will have Oah'u Guide, This Week, Best Dining and so forth. This free booklets contains many exciting things to do, as well as eating place, tours and coupons.

Good luck,

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fun things????

Great places to eat: Roy's, Shore Bird to grill your own food and was very tasty, and Tiki Grill (best Butterfish ever.)

Things to do: Makani sunset cruise (great crew and captain) Snorkel EARLY at Hanuama Bay (beautiful just to see as well,) rent a car and drive to the North Shore.

7. Re: fun things????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 07:18