We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sears at Pearlridge

New Zealand
Level Contributor
307 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Sears at Pearlridge

I understand Sears at Ala Moana is now closed?? I would quite like to visit a Sears while we're there in September so a couple of questions please;

1. Is the Sears at Pearlridge the closest to Waikiki?

2. I've checked the bus timetable and it seems to take around 1 hr 30 mins one way from Waikiki to PR. Are there other options - shuttles etc? (or is there an express bus with limited stops which would be quicker?) We won't have a car while in Oahu.

Not vital I get to Sears but I got a few bargains last time I was there!!

Thanks everyone.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,026 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sears at Pearlridge

Although you may have "lost" Sears since your last visit ... you may have gained some new stores as well. What are you looking for? I am notorious for taking pains to go back someplace where I found a "good buy," only to be disappointed. I personally would not recommend going to the hassle to go to Pearlridge, unless there are other shops you want to check out. It's a sizeable shopping center ... but Ala Moana Center is much better.

http://www.pearlridgeonline.com/

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,016 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sears at Pearlridge

Are you going to the Pearl Harbor Museums?

You can easily take the bus from the Pearl Harbor Visitors Center to Pearlridge. Same buses #20 &#42 from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor Visitors Center also go to Pearlridge.

I's about 3K from the visitor's center to Pearlridge.

But I agree with BLBL, Ala Moana Center is better.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 21:50
South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sears at Pearlridge

I also want to visit Pearlridge on my next visit. We'll probably do it while we have the rental car, but if we do not, there are options to get out there other than the bus, if you want to use them. ;)

First up, do not forget that most of the hotels have excellent concierge desks who can assist you with organising a shuttle or transport to wherever you might like to go.

Second there are many shuttle services eg VIP Trans, Hawaii 23, Reliable Shuttle.. the one out of all of these which mentions Pearlridge on the website as well as pricing -

http://www.reliableshuttle.com/rates.html

Reviews for this company are fairly mixed - then again they are mixed for most shuttle companies, because it either goes really well and you want to tell the world, or it goes really bad and you want to tell the world, or it goes ok and you don't feel a great need to tell anyone. :)

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sears at Pearlridge

I miss the Ala Moana Sears, too! If you'll be in the area of Pearlridge, might as well stop into that Mall, for Sears and the other stores.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,400 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sears at Pearlridge

I only went to Pearlridge while they had Patti's Chinese Kitchen. Now I only go to Ala Moana or Kahala Mall.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sears at Pearlridge

There's also a Sears at the Windward Mall - maybe that's closer and also on your route to somewhere on that side of the island.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
307 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sears at Pearlridge

Thanks everyone. I totally agree Ala Moana is awesome but I thought I might also visit Pearlridge - thinking it might have more of local 'feel' ?

Don't have the budget for many of the shops at Ala Moana eg. Chanel, Coach, etc - as much as I'd love to :-)

Beedoo, the shuttle link looks good and might give that a try while we're there.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
519 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sears at Pearlridge

FYI. We did this bus trip over to Pearl Ridge on a trip to Oahu several years ago. We could not believe how LONG it took! All told I believe it was about a total of four hours travel time as we ended up with several lengthy waits at a couple bus transfer points.

After that experience realized IMHO there is NO way that a trip to Pearl Ridge is worth wasting nearly half a day of precious vacation time just to get there and back. Would only possibly consider going there if I had a car rented, but absolutely NO way via the bus ever again!

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sears at Pearlridge

When I go to Pearlridge I like to ride the monorail (between the top and bottom portion of the mall) which provides a view of Pearl Harbor.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sears at Pearlridge

We just lost our monorail here in Sydney so that is one of the things I would like to do, while there. :)