We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HHV new tower?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HHV new tower?

Have just read a comment from C.Ford, regarding the new tower being built at HHV, on a previous post about "best rates for HHV".

I am from Brisbane Australia, and I'm getting married on the 7th of September 2006. We are staying at the HHV from the 2nd to the 10th September then going to Maui and The Big Island for our Honeymoon. I was shocked to read the about the new tower being built. Our travel agent did not mention anything about contruction going on when we will be there( will be phoning first thing Monday morning to check with agent).

If there's anyone else who has any information regarding the new tower, would love to hear comments.(I'm new to forums)

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
612 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HHV new tower?

Hi M-J-7, I stayed at the HHV 3 weeks ago and there was no sign of a new tower being built. Apart from a mobile crane arriving on site, that is all I seen.

I know that there is a new tower planned and it will be sited behind the Lagoon Tower, but I don't know when construction is due to begin.

Good luck with your wedding plans

John.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HHV new tower?

We stayed the first week of June and I saw no sign of construction.If it is behind the Lagoon Tower it probably will only bother the people facing the constructtion sight. The HHV is a beautiful hotel. You are going to love it. Good luck!

Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HHV new tower?

We were just at the HHV in May and I don't think there is a new tower that is going to be built so don't worry! We even did the timeshare presentation and nothing was mentioned. They definitly would have said something if it were true. The only thing they said was that they are eventually going to build a bigger pool at the lagoon tower.

You'll love the HHV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NY
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HHV new tower?

I am booked at the HHV at the end of August. There is definitely a new tower being constructed there, but from what I understand there is a lot of construction in Waikiki, so it may be unavoidable. I saw a website in one of the posts where you can check on construction progress on Waikiki, but I'll have to look for that post again since I didn't bookmark it.

They just broke ground last week at the HHV, so that's why past visitors are not aware of the new tower. It looks like the new tower is being built next to ther Lagoon tower and Kalia tower.

http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/060615/16/41jhl.html

Just a note, last year I went to the Atlantis in the Bahamas & they were building 2 new towers, pools, slides, etc. right next to their main hotel, the Royal Towers & the Royal Tower pool with all the slides, etc, which is their busiest pool. The construction was completely blocked off & was not bothersome at all. I'm sure I wouldn't have been happy if my room overlooked it, but our stay at the resort was not affected by this construction & we had a fabulous time.

So, while I'm concerned about the construction at the HHV & I want to look into it more, I'm not 100% certain it will damper our stay there.

NY
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HHV new tower?

Here is the website to check about current construction going on in Waikiki. I don't believe this is near the Hilton, though:

http://www.waikikibeachwalk.com/

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: HHV new tower?

Thanks to everybody so far for the information left.

Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HHV new tower?

We are headed there in July and I read that there was some construction going on , so I called the resort and asked them about it. They said it was mostly along the footpaths and would probably be completed by then. I hope that is the case!

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
579 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HHV new tower?

We just got back 4 days ago from the Hilton and we were staying in the Lagoon Tower, ocean view 2 bedroom suite which looked right down on the construction. It's right between the Lagoon Tower and the Ilikai Hotel and as of right now there wasn't too much of a problem. We heard some bulldozers but it wasn't until very late morning and it really wasn't that bad at all.

As someone else mentioned, it seemed like all of Waikiki is undergoing some kind of construction.

If you're staying in any of the other towers at the Hilton (Alii, Rainbow, Tapa, Diamond Head) you shouldn't even notice the construction at all. IF you're staying in the Lagoon tower, you can ask your agent to request a room on the "Diamond Head" side of the tower and that might help.

We had a WONDERFUL time in Waikiki, but prepare to spend money!

9. Re: HHV new tower?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 21:18