We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day car rental /downtown

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Topic
One day car rental /downtown

Wanting to take a day trip to Pearl Harbor/Swap meet/Outlet Mall.

Is there a rental company (in town)where we can rent a car just for saturday? We'd need to rent early morning and return IN THE EVENING. That seems to be the problem. Finding a non airport location open late enough.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day car rental /downtown

For those two particular things you could take a #20 or #42 bus. Or rent the car for a couple of days and return on the second day before the car rental location closed. Most of the major car rental companies have a location in some of the hotels.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day car rental /downtown

There are plenty of places to rent a car for the day. Where are you staying?? By "downtown," do you mean Waikiki? Make sure that you reserve your car in advance. Who have you contacted? What locations? I agree with cruzn - I'd keep the car overnight.

If I were renting a car - it would be to tour this gorgeous Island ... not to go to the Waikele Outlets. You can take a shuttle easily enough to Waikele ... and understand that it is very small in comparison to the outlet malls on the Mainland. Not a particularly great use of your time.

You can take the bus to Pearl Harbor, and the swap meet (generally imports from China and SE Asia ... alot of junk ... few prizes) is across the street from Pearl Harbor.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,081 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day car rental /downtown

I must agree with BLBL. If I was only going to rent a car for one day, I would use it to drive around the beautiful island of Oahu and see the sights and beaches.

I would not use it to sit in the parking lots at PH, swap meets or the outlet malls. Those are all pretty accessible by bus which is pretty inexpensive.

Have a great trip.

Aloha

4. Re: One day car rental /downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:16