We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to grab a quick bite before Blaisdell arena Cure gig?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Where to grab a quick bite before Blaisdell arena Cure gig?

I'm back in waikiki, and wondering if any1 has a suggestion of where to grab a decent meal before my 7.30 cure concert. Waialana 24 hr coffee lounge diner is close to where I'm staying at the ramada. Any thoughts on that place?

Thanks

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,886 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to grab a quick bite before Blaisdell arena Cure gig?

Do you want to eat in Waikiki, near Blasidell, or on the way.....

Good slection to be had with any of those alternatives.

There are many good to great restaurants within a couple of blocks of Blaisdell, of virtually every type and price range.

Doraku (Japanese fusion), Cafe Chai's (Pacific Cuisine), Trees and Vines (vegan) and Budnamujip (new Korean joint) are slightly upscale places across the street from the Arena.

Closeby are Vietnamese, Italian, Chinese, Korean, local style, and other places.

Let us know your fancy and price range and we can provide some favorites.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 02:28
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,775 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to grab a quick bite before Blaisdell arena Cure gig?

Ramada Plaza is #11 on this map:

discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikirestaurants.…

Check the numbers nearby & the restaurant list for each.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to grab a quick bite before Blaisdell arena Cure gig?

Thanks for your suggestions and that handy map too I have eaten at doraku at the royal Hawaiian centre and know exactly what I love on the menu, so that could be a possibility. Being a solo diner, hopefully I can be seated quickly if I gothere or opt for another restaurant. I'm not after too fancy or time consuming. Thanks again

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,886 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to grab a quick bite before Blaisdell arena Cure gig?

The Kapiolani Doraku location is universally considered better than their Royal Hawaiian Center joint by local residents....

They have a fantastic Happy Hour, with awesome prices, from 4 to 6 PM everyday.

And, if that is too early before your concert, they also have it from 9 PM to close. It has become one of our favorites.

Chef Chai's, next door to Doraku, also has a spectacular late night Happy Hour, with incredible tastes.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to grab a quick bite before Blaisdell arena Cure gig?

Thanks amberloo.. Just rang doraku and i'll try my luck at the door as they weren't taking any more reservations. Yum.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to grab a quick bite before Blaisdell arena Cure gig?

Looks like Catherine from catdish made it to the Cure concert as well -

thecatdish.com/musings/…

How was the concert Jenny8791? Did you enjoy it?

I was trying to think if I could go, which song I would most want to hear - it would be Lullaby, with close to me a close second. :)

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to grab a quick bite before Blaisdell arena Cure gig?

Also Nonstop Honolulu was there - some pics of the people who went, as well as some pics of the opening act and The Cure on stage as well.

nonstophonolulu.com/blogs/…

Great one somewhere in there of the crowd @ Blaisdell - looks like an awesome place to see a concert. :)

8. Re: Where to grab a quick bite before Blaisdell arena Cure gig?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 05:16