We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
475 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

Just wondering if anyone has done this dinner cruise.

Is it worthwhile?

Thanks in adavance

Aloha, Oregon
Level Contributor
127 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

We did it a couple of timesand enjoyed it. The food was just ok but night views beautiful.

Runaway Bay...
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

Hi Mat,

Yes I have done this dinner cruise it was a few years ago though. We really enjoyed ourselves and had a nice time. The food was quite average though nothing that great. The entertainment was quite good and fun, as there was only 2 of us we were seated with another couple also from Australia, they were quite the characters. I can't say though that I would do again, it wasn't that it was so bad just I think once was enough. What ever we do in Hawaii we love, as I'm sure you will too.

Runaway Bay...
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

Hi Mat,

Yes I have done this dinner cruise it was a few years ago though. We really enjoyed ourselves and had a nice time. The food was quite average though nothing that great. The entertainment was quite good and fun, as there was only 2 of us we were seated with another couple also from Australia, they were quite the characters. I can't say though that I would do again, it wasn't that it was so bad just I think once was enough. What ever we do in Hawaii we love, as I'm sure you will too.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
475 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

Thanks so much.

What sunset tour would you recommend if not this one.

We are going in December with 2 teenagers.

Also apparently if you go on Tuesday or Friday nights, there are fireworks?

Thanks

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

It has been recommended on here many times, and it's still great advice....

DO NOT do a sunset dinner cruise! The food is uninspiring (being polite here). Instead, do a sunset catamaran sail. Enjoy it! Then go out for dinner at a restaurant offering good food!

Edited: 08 August 2013, 06:34
Melbourne
Level Contributor
475 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

Thanks AlandRoberta,

If we do do a sunset catamaran sail - what company should we book with?

Thank you

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

There are several from which to choose. I can vouch for Na Hoku

Nahokuii.com

and MaiTai

http://www.maitaicatamaran.com

Melbourne
Level Contributor
475 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

Thanks for that

I will look them up

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

Yes, I have gone on the Alii before, and never again. I have to say, I never complain about anything Hawaii, but I have to make an exception for this cruise.

The food is really not good, and I'm not picky, I actually like luau food. The drinks were a joke, if you wanted anything interesting, you had to pay a lot more.

The coupons weren't good for every drink. We were virtually ignored, as we upgraded to a window seating area, so our guide dumped us off, and continued on with the rest of the group, and totally forgot about us.

If it hadn't been for this kind woman, we wouldn't have even got our dinner, there were no instructions as to how things worked. We also added a magic show to our tour, so you finish up the cruise, and then are bused over to the hotel.

We were late because the bus driver took us to the wrong hotel, so we missed the cocktails that we paid for because they didn't serve during the show. So I guess I would have to say I wouldn't recommend it lol.

But live and learn, and that's really what tripadvisor is all about. I would really do what was recommended by alandroberta, do the catamaran, and then go for a really nice dinner.

Edited: 09 August 2013, 00:44
Melbourne
Level Contributor
475 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone done a Alii Kai Catamaran Dinner Cruise

Thanks delygirl

Thanks for your adivice.

I will do the catamaran.

Do they have to be booked much in advance or can we book once we are there.

We are staying in Holiday Inn - I wonder if pick up is close to there?