We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Night Food Options

Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Late Night Food Options

Hello everyone! My husband and I are arriving in Honolulu at around 9:15pm, so I assume it'll be at least 10 before we're actually checked in to our hotel, the Aqua Skyline. Because our flight leaves at around 6pm, we're going to be in a weird place for dinner. Is there any chance that anything around our hotel will still be open for food in case we're hungry? I think we'll probably try to have an early dinner, but I'd like to know just in case something comes up or our plans are otherwise interrupted and we can't eat until we arrive in HNL.

Thanks!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
366 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Night Food Options

If you walk around Waikiki you'll see a lot of options. I came in at 10:00 p.m. went to Wailana Coffee House (a mistake) and saw that after midnight that there were a lot of restaurants open.

Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Night Food Options

Awesome, thanks! I figured that'd probably be the case in a place like Waikiki, but you never know, always better to check ahead :-)

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Night Food Options

Yeah, since there are so many Japanese tourists, there's usually quite a few places open late because of the time difference, especially in Waikiki. If all else fails, there's always Denny's and of course, Wailana Coffee House.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,542 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Night Food Options

Are you coming in from Oz? If you land at 9:15PM, I am thinking you'd be lucky to be checking in by 11PM.

If you like Korean, Sorobol & Million will still be open.

I actually like Wailana and closer to your hotel is Mac 24/7 at the Hilton Waikiki Beach. Also not far is Pho 777, across the bridge on McCully.

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Night Food Options

Gyukaku on Lewers will still be open, and their late night happy hour will be on.

Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late Night Food Options

Scott: I'm actually flying in from Canada, we will have checked luggage though. I was hoping 45 minutes to get luggage and then an hour for the taxi ride into Waikiki. Unrealistic?

Thanks to everyone else for the suggestions as well!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,979 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late Night Food Options

If it takes a taxi an hour to get from the airport to Waikiki, especially at that time of night, you've been scammed!! Half an hour max!!

Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late Night Food Options

Oh ok, awesome, should definitely be by 11 then. Since we're leaving out of Canada there's no customs to go through when we arrive, so I'm guessing maybe even 10:30.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,542 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late Night Food Options

Right, but originally you had said "land at 9:15PM, check-in by 10PM", which I just think would be impossible.

The wheels of the plane touch down at 9:15PM, 10 minutes to get to the gate once you land, 10 minutes to get off the plane, 10 minutes to walk to the baggage claim area, at least 10 more minutes for the bags to show up and then a 25 minute cab ride...... if you experience kismet, you might shave time here and there if the plane is early, you are way forward on an aisle, the gate is closer to the entrance and the baggage crew has their act together.... but I always plan the other way.

Do be sure to grab all the tourist magazines in the baggage claim area. Here are a few of them.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60982-c2032/Honolulu…

Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late Night Food Options

Urgh, so I did! I really need to double check when I type things, I meant to type 11! My apologies :-) And thanks for that advice!