We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Hawaii

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Flights to Hawaii

Are there any airlines that offer direct flights from Toronto or Buffalo to Hawaii?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Hawaii

Welcome to TripAdvisor! I pulled up kayak.com and didn't see anything. I would be surprised if there were.

Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Hawaii

Confirmed this with Airline Route Mapper. You can fly wast from Toronto to Tokyo, Beijing, Hong Kong or east as far as Dubai, Karachi, and Lahore, all non-stop. But not Hawaii. Buffalo has no flights out of the US, period.

In fact, for some odd reason, the only Canadian city with non-stop flights to Vancouver. WestJet flies to all 4 major Hawaiian islands, and Air Canada flies to HNL and OGG.

Edited: 30 August 2013, 02:13
Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Hawaii

Wow, I think I'm really tired. It's "west" from Toronto, and in the second paragraph, it's "the only Canadian city with non-stop flights to Hawaii is Vancouver".

A suggestion for longest uninterrupted flight might be to fly YYZ-ORD, then ORD-HNL.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Hawaii

Probably the closet thing you can get is a flight from Buffalo to JFK in New York City. Try booking Jet Blue. From there you can take Hawaiian Air nonstop to Honolulu. I booked a flight from Boston to LAX then on to Honolulu via United because I didn't want to take the 11 hr flight from NY. I thought I'd break it up by flying to LAX and catching a connection 3 hrs later. Well, that connection didn't materialize and I was stranded over night in LA, United put me on Hawaiian Air the next day and let me tell you, it was fabulous. I'm so sorry I didn't take the nonstop from JFK.

Edited: 31 August 2013, 00:08
Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Hawaii

Yup. Another problem with connecting on the west coast is that the return trip puts you in LAX or YVR in the middle of the night after only a few hours sleep. I'd rather have the long overnight back to get more sleep on the plane.

Quebec
Level Contributor
280 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Hawaii

There used to be direct flights to HNL from Toronto (heck, there used to be Montreal to HNL when I was young!) but no more unfortunately:-(

We went through Chicago last year, and doing it through LAX outbound and Washington inbound this time around... (this is from YUL)

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Hawaii

<<Buffalo has no flights out of the US, period.>> Duebster IS tired. Hawaii is in the US.

I certainly would not want to hassle an international flight ... to go from the USA to the USA.

How about Cleveland? Or if you did fly out of NYC - you could take Hawaiian Airlines!

Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to Hawaii

Told 'ya I was tired. Actually, I was stunned looking at the flight maps out of Buffalo that they have absolutely no flights outside the continental US. Nothing to Canada, nothing to Europe, or even the Caribbean - heck, they don't even make it to the west coast (Vegas and Phoenix are as far west as they go). Somehow I imagined they'd be a bit bigger.

Edited: 31 August 2013, 18:42
albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to Hawaii

You can fly to JFK. Hawaiian Airlines has a direct flight once a day from there or United from trenton airport..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights to Hawaii

Westjet or Air Canada goes via. Vancouver. Not sure if they have directs yet.