We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

7 posts
Save Topic
What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

Which shops have the lowest regular price?

Which shops have the most sales?

Which shops have the best range?

#obesessed with Converse

Appreciate your help :)

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

I have been able to find very good deals at Saks Off 5th and Nordstrom Rack. Just depends what they have. Love the converse John varvatos stuff!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,233 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

Famous Footwear. There's a BIG one in Ward Center. http://www.famousfootwear.com/ Obviously the store can't carry everything they have on line ...

Also try Macy's.

…sportsauthority.com/sporting-goods-honolulu… Looks like there is a Sports Authority at the Ward Center as well.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

Where are you from, Macyc95?

Without any doubt, if it is Converse you want, the best value is going to be at their outlet store at Waikele. They did have quite a big range there when I visited.

When I was there last you could get 2 pairs for $40. The cheapest I found them elsewhere was $40 for one pair. Plus, if you join the Premium Outlets VIP club, you get access to special offers - this one applies till 31 December if you travel before then -

------------------

An exclusive online coupon from CONVERSE (Suite 105)

$25 off a purchase of $100 or more

Purchase total cannot exceed $400 after discount. All exchanges and/or returns must be accompanied by a receipt and will be credited for the discounted price. Offer does not apply to tax. Converse employees, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to redeem promotional offers and/or discounts.

--------------

If there are two of you travelling and you both are VIP club members, you can both get the discount, obviously. :)

I think you get given a voucher book when you arrive at Waikele, at least they did for me, I went on the PGPlover bus.

I have a blog about shopping on Oahu because we Aussies are a bit crazy about it. :) http://beedoo747.wordpress.com if you want to check it out.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

I agree with Bedoo747. The outlet shop at Waikele was the best prices we found. Their range is quite comprehensive and its easy to find what you want.

In fact, between my co-traveller and myself we bought back 11 pairs for our family!

Bendigo
Level Contributor
924 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

Sports Authority and Famous Footwear offer the more recent Converse styles. We have found over so many years the Waikele outlet is fantastic and has a good range if you aren't fussy about getting the most recent style. There is a Sports Authority at Waikele across the road from the main outlet centre.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

We just returned yesterday from our Waikiki trip and here are some additional thoughts after ALOT of shopping.

Outlet Mall - the Converse store has lots of variety at good prices, but I found them mostly to be your very basic shoe models. Good place to load up on different colours of you basic models if that is what you are interested in. The clearance wall has some very good prices, so make sure to check that out too. The Saks Off 5th had some of the more premium models (e.g. leather, John Varvatos etc) at some good prices, especially if you can find them in the clearance section (these were marked down already and then you get another 50% off that price). There is also a Barneys Outlet that had some, but I found their prices a bit higher than what I found elsewhere.

Nordstrom Rack at Ward Centre - this continues to be my Go To place for the best deals on more premium lines. I really like the leather models and was able to pick up a pair of John Varvatos blue leather for $70. I also found another pair of tan John Varvatos canvas for $46 that were on clearance (saw these at the Barney store for $109 or something). Also got a pair of Jack Purcell laceless for $30 on clearance. There are lots of good deals to be had here if you are willing to spend the time hunting through the racks. My experience typically is that I can find more premium models here on clearance for prices similar to the basic models at other stores. Also bought a bunch of nice dress shoes for great prices and wife bought some pairs of designer boots on clearance at crazy prices.

Ala Moana Mall - Nordstrom had a bunch of Coverse on their clearance rack, but I found prices better at the Rack down the street. Macy's had some options too, but didn't see anything I liked.

Lots of Converse to be found - Happy Hunting!

7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

So it's pretty conclusive that the Waikele outlet should be my first stop. I actually want classic looking chucks, not that into the weird and wonderful, so considering that Waikele sells plain styles at low prices, then that's perfect. 2 for $40???!!!!! now I MUST go!

I've just googled Saks off 5th, and it seems like a really high-end shop. Does it sell converse??

So far my list of shops consists of: Famous footwear, Sports Authority, Macy's, Sears, Nordstrom Rack, Journeys, Champs, Zumiez, Foot locker. Anything else that I should add?

(beedoo747, I come from New Zealand, where everything is expensive as, so we plan to stock up our shoe supply for the next 20 years when we get to Hawaii!)

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

Macyc95 - I totally understand, coming from Australia. :) Last time I came home with 10 pairs. :)

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

Yes, Saks is a higher end store, but the Off 5th is their clearance store. If you are already going to be up at the outlet mall to hit the Converse store, just go in and check out the Off 5th as it is right there. It's hit and miss depending on what they have, but you may find some good deals. The BEST deals are to be found in the shoe and clothing clearance racks. Stuff will get marked down a number of times and then you get another 50% of that price. If you are willing to hunt through the racks you can find some crazy cheap prices on designer shoes and clothing from say a season or two ago.

I do remember seeing some converse shoes kicking around in there earlier this month. No funky ones, just ones like Converse John Varvatos Star Player etc. Lots of those at the Rack too.

10. Re: What is the best shop for buying Converse sneakers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:21