We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hhv

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hhv

we will be in paradise in 46 days but whose counting right well my question is will there be many kids around the hotel then or will it be fairly quiet as far as kids go .............and 1 other thing does pearl harbor do anything special for nov.11 in canada its rememberance day i believe in the usa its veterans day

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,427 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hhv

HHV shouldn't be too bad with kids in early Nov, certainly not as bad as two weeks later will be.

Can't really help you on Veteran's Day at Pearl, I think the focus is more at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl.

I was actually in Vancouver for Remembrance Day a few years ago and they did a fly over with planes from every war/era. It was quite cool.

South Coast NSW
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hhv

It is possible that Pearl Harbor will be running the special tours -

www.recreation.gov/tourDetails.do…

My friend emailed them a little while back asking if they would be, and got a reply that they were not certain yet but if they do, the tours will appear on the website about a month beforehand.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
150 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hhv

There are always going to be kids at HHV. There may night be as many kids as during the summer or school breaks, but they will still be there throwing balls and running around with people wondering where their parents are.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,303 posts
1,294 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hhv

I agree. We have traveled every month from September through March, and when at the HHV, there were ALWAYS plenty of kids. I cannot imagine how it would be in the Summer, and would not want to experience that.

Hunt

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,503 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hhv

Aloha,

The Veteran's Day tickets go fast.

There are usually more veterans present that day.

Sure hope that the USS Arizona and PH is open again by then.

Virginia
Level Contributor
677 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hhv

I was just there, and the hotel was busier than I expected for our travel dates. That said, I found it as wonderful and relaxing as the last time I was there. Were there a lot of families? Yes, but honestly I never felt like it was overwhelming or anyone disturbed our vacation. I found everyone to be respectful and in the aloha spirit....even at the paradise pool :-).

I highly recommend HHV due to the beauty of the resort, the large number of things you can do right there, the pools and lagoon in addition to the ocean, and the large beachfront on that end--it is a beautiful area of Waikiki Beach.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,580 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hhv

Yes when staying at HHV I always use the beach so never was concerned with how busy the pools were... some restaurants like Tropics can have waits for seats. The pools and hot tubs can get crowded.. It never seemed overly busy to me, but crowds rarely bother me.

8. Re: hhv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:17