We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosmetic Suppliers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cosmetic Suppliers

Hi there,

I'm have just completed a Cert III in Beauty Therapy and Makeup in Australia and would like to purchase some supplies when I come to Oahu. Could anyone please tell me what ID or proof that I'm working within the industry I need to bring with me?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Runaway Bay...
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cosmetic Suppliers

In regards to make up you are best going to Mac cosmetics and Sephora to get your make up. You will pay significantly cheaper than here in Australia. Sephora has a huge range of different brands, you will love it, check out the online store to get an idea. I plan on stocking up for my kit in a few weeks.:)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cosmetic Suppliers

Yes, the prices are probably a lot less in retail than you would get for wholesale prices here.

They are amazingly cheap.

Last time I was there I stocked up on so much makeup, when I run out, I go into my large tray and I am still finding stuff I haven't touched.

The makeup is one of the purchases that the Aussie ladies love to buy ...have a look at the websites ... the cheaper makeup (Cover Girl, Revlon etc) you can get at Longs Drugs in the Ala Moana Shopping Center. Macy's at Ala Moana is a large store, but they have a smaller one in Waikiki that sell some makeup as well.

Mac is sold at Macys and they also have their own store in Waikiki. The expensive makeup, Estee Lauder etc .. can be purchased at Macys and other department store. By the way, Longs Drugs is owned by the large chain called CVS, but I think its still called Longs in Waikiki.

Here's their website to check prices before you go. Hope it helps.

www.cvs.com/shop/Beauty/_/N-3rZe7upZ2k…

…macys.com/shop/beauty-perfume-and-makeup…

And this may help as well...

http://www1.macys.com/store/about/visitor/index.jsp?cm_mmc=ISHIP-_-20120511_ISHIP_ODS-_-visitorservices-_-SB1&cm_em=eagles1949@hotmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,580 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
265 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cosmetic Suppliers

Do you mean beauty salon only brands? I know we had trouble finding Dermalogica in Waikiki.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,973 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cosmetic Suppliers

Depends on what supplies you want to buy, most items can be bought without showing that you are a licensed beautician.

There are Trade Secrets and Sally Beauty on Oahu. I read that you could get great discounts at Sally if you have a beautician's license.

Try email them directly to find out.

sallybeauty.com/Contact-Us/…pg.html

http://tradesecret.com/contact-us/

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cosmetic Suppliers

Thank you everyone who replied. We have been to Sephora and Macy's before and yes they are great. I just wondered if there were places like Naimies (Burbank, LA) where I could purchase more of a wide range of products and brands.

6. Re: Cosmetic Suppliers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:20