We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

We made arrangements to use Hawaii 23 shuttle. They were suppose to track our flight number and be at the airport waiting. Our flight was delayed by two hours. They don't track flights like they say. When we landed, I called them. They were mad since I didn't call them. How can I when I am on the plane. Told it would be 45 minutes to over an hour before they could pick us up. They finally sent his cousin who runs another company to pick us up. Cold attitude. They were suppose to take us to the airport the next day and I was to call them to make finale pickup times. Left at least 5 voice messages starting at 4 in the afternoon. They would not return calls and so we had to make arrangements with another shuttle that was much more dependable. Avoid this shuttle. They are not what they say.

66 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
359 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

Sorry to hear that you had trouble. I've used Hawaii 23 for over 20 trips to and from the airport over a period of about two years (most recently this spring) and never had any problems. I recommend them to all of my friends, family and co-workers traveling to Honolulu and have never heard any complaints.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

I am resolved to just taking a taxi from the line and paying more. Even the best driver can have a bad day, and I understand the frustration on both sides in this situation. Hate to see a one time poster come on here with a slam though for what seems to be a well respected company.

Chisago City...
Level Contributor
455 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

I have had a great track record with Hawaii 23 and will continue to use them.

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

This company seems to be second only to PCC in terms of staunch defenders and passionate haters. I doubt I will ever know first hand since we always rent a car. No reason to use the service. Don't know why it isn't simpler to take a taxi. Seems the link up with air connections that are off schedule is often a contributing factor to most of the issues.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,319 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

Like Travlngrl, I also just grab a taxi from the line-up. It's quick and easy and to me seems even more efficient than pre-arranging anything. suze

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

How sad.... such a bad way to start off your visit. Bet you were more than a little upset and short-tempered.

Guess that there wasn't a phone available at the airport to alert them about of the delay in the 2 hours before your flight departed...

I bet that tracking flights on the dozens of groups that they serve daily can be very tricky.

I must admit that we have never used a shuttle.... we rent a car so that we can go where we want, when we want for as long as we want, as often as we want.

California
Level Contributor
573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

Although we've always had exceptional service from Hawaii23, knowing our flight was 2 hours late, I would just hop on a shuttle or cab if they weren't there at the airport. As lwj said, it must be difficult to stay on schedule with all the daily flight delays.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

That's a bummer way to start your trip. I too would have just grabbed a cab and told them to forget it.

We are headed to Oahu in 2 weeks and I have already decided to just cab it. I figure I'm spending thousands of dollars on this trip so what's another $20.00 bucks or so to take a cab? Some things are worth the money, imho.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,658 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

>>>Don't know why it isn't simpler to take a taxi<<<

If you have five people and luggage, a lot of cabs are not an option and unless you can get one of the flat rates ones ($35+ tip) a cab can run up to $50 based on time of day.

Even with the flat rates at $35 there are people who are more frugal and really want to save that $12.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle

I used Hele 24 Hawaii for airport shuttles/port shuttles in April and I found James to be very prompt & professional. I would hate for his service to be mistaken for Hawaii 23 as so similar in names. If you are looking for a reliable shuttle service (he also offers Island tours which we never took up), his details are: hele24hawaii@gmail.com.au or (808) 782 1722 / 341 3991. We had a huge amount of luggage and 5 people and he helped us out about 3-4 times and each time was impeccable.

Reply to: Don't use Hawaii 23 shuttle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted