I am looking to find a resort for my family of four in Waikiki that won't break the bank. We're going in early July for a week, so lots of time to plan, but starting to research now.
I already have my eye on the Hilton Hawaiian Village (like that its less busier area of Waikiki but still close to some shopping/restaurants, nice little lagoon, lots of pools, you get leis at check-in, Friday night fireworks) but a room with two double beds looks rather small, and the larger rooms are quite pricey.
Here's what we're looking for:
1. Lots of selections of pools/pools with waterslides/activities (kids are 8 and 10)
2. Walking distance to beach or beachfront
3. Clean and modern, with comfy beds (two queens rather than two doubles preferred).
4. Suites/Kitchenette is a plus - but not required (looked at Embassy Suites, but with only one pool, that doesn't really fit the bill). Larger beds are better.
5. Safe and quiet area (well, as safe and quiet as you can get in Waikiki beach).
6. Would prefer Hilton, SPG, Marriott, BW or HI hotels (as I belong to all of those programs).
I do not want to stay at a condo. My family likes the resort style vacation, with lots of pre-planned activities and amenities.
Thanks for any advice!