We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

I always tend to bring back food souvenirs from each place I visit.

Any recs for Hawaiian food souvenirs I can bring back? I'm visiting Oahu then Maui then returning home. The food doesn't have to be "Hawaiian" themed but at least something that can only be purchased in Hawaii?

Also my mom wants to buy pearls (necklace)? Anywhere I can get one for cheap? Less than $100.

Thanks! :-)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,909 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

Umm - lots of yummy things. I love chocolate covered macadamia nuts, guava jelly, Hawaiian honey, coconut syrup and there are many, many other food items. A good stop at an ABC store will give you plenty to choose from - and then there are more unique stores to buy things from - have fun shopping. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

The Hawaiian honey, guava jelly and coconut syrup is considered liquids right? Do they come in 3oz bottles? LOL

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,909 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

I don't think jelly is a liquid - looks solid to me. Lots of things that aren't liquid - salt from Kauai, all kinds of chips/nut varieties, cookies, etc., and all uniquely Hawaiian. :)

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

Check out Honolulu Cookie Company there is at least one store on the main drag in Waikiki Kalakaua Ave.

Since you are going to Maui make sure you go to the Swap Meet and check out the Jeff's Jams and Jellies booth for Maui Coffee Rub great on steaks.

I bought some salt harvested on Molokai I think at Whalers General Store on Lahaina.

You can always mail your goodies back in the USPS priority boxes that's what we do.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
329 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

One of my favorite things to get for gifts are packages of papaya seed salad dressings. Dry mix that is easy to pack and is really good!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
711 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

I take home each time macadamia nut pancake mix from ABC stores and coffee from Honolulu Coffee Company 2365 Kalakaua Ave inside Moana Surfrider. I purchased two strings of lovely pearls, one pink and one cream from a market inside Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, 120 Kaiulani Ave (next to the Hyatt) - wonderful market and great prices. Cant remember what days it was on.

mass
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

if your in Honolulu on a sat try the aloha stadium, huge swap meet everything you can imagine very cheap.

California
Level Contributor
470 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

In our local Costco store we can buy macadamia nuts... chocolate covered and those roasted in a jar. We also have Hawaiian brand coffee and of course pineapple... dried mango, etc. So if I were you, I'd check out your nearest Costco, so that you don't waste time and space bringing home souvenirs that you could have purchased locally. We also mail home our Hawaiian souvenirs. There is a post office on

Saratoga Road, which is on the edge of the Hale Koa property and across the street from the Trump Hotel.

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

Go to Chinatown to take a look at the pearls in the jewelry shops.

I hesitate to think what a $100 pearl necklace could be since the good quality simulated pearl necklaces (Majorca) cost more than $100 a strand.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recs for Hawaiin Food souvenirs/Pearls to bring back?

The standard thing that most people buy are the chocolate macadamia nuts, which as stated, can also be bought in most cities on the mainland. Kona coffee is popular too, especially the 100% Kona coffee. Kauai Kookies are popular too.