We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbour Closure

ADELAIDE
Level Contributor
100 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbour Closure

Can someone please help us. We have tickets for tomorrow for Pearl Harbour and heard parks have been reopened due to a resolution today. Has Pearl Harbour reopened or if not have you heard when it will be. Really disappointed we will probably miss seeing it. Thanks.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbour Closure

Aloha,

The shutdown is over. We don't know the timing for re-opening, but I would expect the USS Arizona will be a priority.

The website is still unavailable.

http://www.recreation.gov/

http://www.usda.gov/fundinglapse.htm

I would check it first thing in the morning to see if it's been updated. If there's no news, you can still go and see the general area and/or the USS Missouri Memorial and the Pacific Aviation Museum.

How long are you on Oahu? I ask because, you can always try for a walk-up ticket later if you're still here when it's re-opened.

I hope you are able to visit the USS Arizona.

Aloha

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,869 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbour Closure

Aloha,

The site is back up. (It looks different from how I remember it.) Unfortunately, today shows unavailable, while tomorrow shows sold out.

No one answers the phone ; the recording still has the furlough message.

So, it seems today is out.

You can try for the general tickets tomorrow. I would get there early.

Aloha

Edited: 17 October 2013, 19:45
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
50,073 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbour Closure

I heard on the local news this morning that it may open on the 18th. If you have tickets for that day, go!! The worst that can happen is they aren't ready but you could still visit the USS Missouri and see the USS Arizona Memorial from there.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbour Closure

It will open 7am on Friday (tomorrow).

"EDITOR'S NOTE:

The following story was written prior to the announcement Thursday that the government shutdown was officially over.

Since that announcement, officials with the Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island have confirmed the park would reopen at 6 a.m. Thursday morning.

Haleakala National Park is scheduled to open again on Thursday.

And park officials say the Arizona Memorial National Park will reopen again at 7 a.m. on Friday morning."

hawaiinewsnow.com/story/23712403/hawaiis-nat…

Edited: 17 October 2013, 20:07
Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,869 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbour Closure

Aloha,

Should be open Friday, October 18.

"And park officials say the Arizona Memorial National Park will reopen again at 7 a.m. on Friday morning."

hawaiinewsnow.com/story/23712403/hawaiis-nat…

Hawaii News Now has issued this news in an update a little while ago.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28932-i36-k692420…

tripadvisor.com/…53518949

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,869 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Harbour Closure

Cross-posted with you Dusty.

7. Re: Pearl Harbour Closure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:20