We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Topic
Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

We will be staying in Hale Koa Hotel in May. The reviews for the hotel are very good mostly, but one thing it does not have is wifi in the rooms. Its kind of important to us, since we want to be able to check on our cats through the cameras installed. My question is where in the hotel wifi is available and how strong the signal is in those areas.

Thanks,

Raja

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

It is available in the lobby and near the Maile pool for sure. Strength of signal is iffy at best. This is based on our visit to there last Dec/Jan.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,168 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

Google: wifi locations waikiki

Google: wifi spots waikiki

This is one of the hits:

urbanspoon.com/tn/…Waikiki-restaurants

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,307 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

The rooms now have free wired internet access (we stayed in August). WI-Fi is available in the lobby and pool areas.

3Chihuahuas

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

I bought a wifi mini router off amazon for 20 bucks and used it last time. Just plug it in to the cat5 jack in the room and you are up and running. Worked perfectly.

Virginia
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

Thats great baz62. What is the name and model of this mini router?

Thanks,

Raja

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

TP Link Wireless N150

amazon.com/gp/…

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

I talked at length with one of the maintenance guys and he indicated that wi-fi in the rooms would be coming. Kind of hard to plug a tablet into a ethernet jack!

Virginia
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

Hopefully it comes before May 2014, otherwise we will buy the mini router you suggested. Thanks.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

I am here at the Hale Koa now. If I didn't have my ZyXEL travel router I would be sooooo annoyed with the lack of wifi. It is nice to watch movies etc from the tablet. TV channels here stink.....

Virginia
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wifi in Hale Koa Hotel

I have already bought the mini router. Is it hard to configure it before you can use it or is it plug and play, you just plug it, find the network on your tablet enter the pasword and you are in?