We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas station near HNL airport?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gas station near HNL airport?

Driving back tomorrow morning on Nimitz Highway to return Enterprise rental. What's the closest gas station? Or on that's on Nimitz on my way to the airport? Are the closest ones more $$$?

Thanks!

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gas station near HNL airport?

Aloha,

http://gas.aroundairports.com/HNL

airportgasfinder.com/airports/hnl-honolulu-i…

gasbuddy.com/Gas_Prices/…index.aspx

http://www.honolulugasprices.com/

Mentioned in this post
Aloha
Aloha
4 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gas station near HNL airport?

The rental companies do not use a dipstick to check that the tank is totally full. As long as the fuel gauge reads "Full", you will be fine. Anywhere within 20 miles of the airport will do.

Virginia
Level Contributor
691 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gas station near HNL airport?

We saw a 76 station on the way...it wasn't too far from the airport, and it was on the right side of the road.

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gas station near HNL airport?

Costco. The gas station is across Alakawa Street. Fill up there and you'll still be "full" by the time you get to the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Costco
Costco
61 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gas station near HNL airport?

JenW, on Lagoon Drive there is two gas station, one a Chevron and the other a Shell. If you are coming from Waikiki to the airport via Nimitz Highway, you will take a left on Lagoon Drive. After making the left turn, you will see both gas station a block of Nimitz. Shell on the right will be the one to go to. After you are done filling up, make a right on Lagoon, then a quick right on Aolele Street. Drive towards the airport, but, remember to stay on your left as the freeway entrance approach. Immediate pass the freeway entrance will be Enterprise Rent a Car on your left.

Good luck,

Seattle
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gas station near HNL airport?

There are no gas stations on Lagoon Drive anymore as of 2/27/14. Both have closed.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gas station near HNL airport?

Just before the airport last month we came upon a gas station on the right side of the road. Very convenient and the cheapest gas we bought on Oahu!

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gas station near HNL airport?

I never refill a rental car near any airport. No way will I pay the convenience tax...lol! For the most part, as I pass through them anyway to return the car, I fill up out in the neighborhoods away from the tourist areas and airport. As long as the gas gauge needle is on or above the Full mark Im good to go. Never have had a problem. BTW, Google Maps is your friend to find the stations.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gas station near HNL airport?

There are car rental companies who will check your gas receipt to make sure you purchased it near the airport.

I haven't noticed that the gas station near HNL is particularly more expensive...seemed about the same to me.

Edited: 02 March 2014, 02:13
Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gas station near HNL airport?

"There are car rental companies who will check your gas receipt to make sure you purchased it near the airport."

WHAT??? What companies do that? If anyone asked me that I would tell them where to go!