We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
713 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

Hello - we are flying International to LAX and then train to San Diego from where we take a Hawaiian Airlines flight to Honolulu. My query is that I notice on our tickets that there is no baggage allowance for the flight to Hawaii. My travel agent thinks that we pay for baggage at the check-in in San Diego -- is this normal? I tried to email my query to the airline but find that because I am overseas it does not allow me to submit the form without a US Sate?? I wuill telephone them if no-one on this forum had the same experience.

Has anyone else found this about their luggage? We each have 1 check-in bag.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,918 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian does charge for the checked bags, and you would pay at your Hawaiian Air departure point.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
713 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

Thank you -- I did expect to pay but thought it might have been included in the flight ticket as it was for the other airlines we are using. No problem - as long as we can check in our bags at San Diego airport on the morning of our flight.

3. Re: Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 06:09
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
713 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

Again - thank you - am glad to hear that there is no mistake on our tickets. They are separate tickets as we are flying into LAX from here and then flying out to Hawaii from San Diego -- separate ticket. i was just a little concerned that we would be unable to get our luggage on as it is not mentioned on the ticket -- must be because it is considered an internal flight.

Hessle, UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

We flew inter island with them 2 weeks ago and they do charge, it did say on our email confirmation and what the charge is ($17 per item in our case). If you look here you can find their baggage charging policies. It is very straight forward at the airport.

…hawaiianairlines.com/app/…Baggage

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
713 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

Thanks for all that -- will leave it now and pay at the airport -- it's just that I like to have all the travel arrangements pre-paid!!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,558 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

Why aren't you flying to Hawaii from LAX? Hawaiian Airlines flies from LAX to Honolulu.

Yes, $25 for the first bag, and it needs to weigh 50 lbs or less. You pay at check in, or if you check in over the Internet, you can pay there as well.

Edited: 06 November 2013, 18:21
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,918 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian stopped interlining checked bags some time ago. They don't want the ultimate responsibility if the other airline loses the bag before it gets to Hawaiian. So, you have to pick up and re-check your bags.

9. Re: Luggage on Hawaiian Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 05:17