We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

Hey guys! So we are first timers to Hawaii and will be in Maui from dec 16-20 monday-friday morning. We have a whale watching tour, a luau, and multiple restaurant reservations during the week. We get into honolulu friday around 3pm and are staying at the hyatt regency for one night but our flight doesn't leave until saturday night 9pm so we do have pretty much all saturday to explore as well. Friday is actually our 5 year anniversary so i wouldn't mind a nice restaurant that night. Any advice as to what to do for the two days/1 night we are there would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Oahu Photography Tours
Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Night Tours, Photography Tours
Iruka Hawaii Experiences LLC
Scuba & Snorkeling, Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Sail Makani
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling
New Lenox, Illinois
Level Contributor
207 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

Happy anniversary in advance! Sorry I can't recommend a good restaurant for your anniversary dinner but I'm sure there will be plenty of suggestions for you soon! Will you have a car? We had a very similar 1 night trip to Oahu. Our flight from Maui also landed around 3, by the time we got to our hotel (HHV) and checked in it was well after 5. We just hung around the hotel that night. The next day, we went to the USS Arizona Memorial. (If you go there, make sure you get your tickets online in advance). Then we leisurely drove around the island. We saw parts of the island that we would not have seen otherwise. When we were tired of driving, we stopped for dinner and headed off to the airport. Our flight took off at 11:00pm. If was a pretty relaxing day especially before getting back on the plane for the dreaded flight home!

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,458 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

The "standard" answer is one of the restaurants at the Halekulani for dinner and Pearl Harbor on Saturday as the prior post suggests.

The Halekulani is the only 5 star hotel on Waikiki Beach and is beautiful. The restaurants are all considered to be excellent, and as you can imagine, expensive. But it's probably a good place to celebrate your 5 year anniversary.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

Thnx guys! Made a reservation at la mer for Friday night. Any thoughts on what to do during the day time?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,890 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

Are you renting a car? If so, you could do a driving tour to the windward side and north shore. If not, stay and explore Waikiki or visit the USS Arizona Memorial.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,045 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

As a general rule, I'm not a big fan of Circle Tours ... but it might be ideal for you. Check out Enoa. And see if they can stow your bags in/under the bus.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

Does anyone have any advice on a "Lost" tour? All we really want to see are the green mountains from the show that my friend told me are on honolulu.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
24,688 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

Aloha,

Some info here:

http://www.ask.com/web?q=lost+tours+oahu&qsrc=19&qo=spellCheck&o=0&l=dir

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
24,688 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

Cut and paste it as the link function didn't work.

These are 2 which came up. I've never done a "Lost" tour.

http://www.hummertourshawaii.com/

adventureinhawaii.com/oahu_movie_site_tours.…

A search will bring up opinions on TA, reports, and reviews.

You can see the green mountains by yourself.

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

Agree with jet83, sounds like you want a tour of Kualoa Ranch/Valley.

Photos of the episodes you can see the hills in:

lostvirtualtour.com/lost/…index.html

I think these are the right hills from the show? It's been a while since I watched Lost. :)

From the link above:

"The only ways to see the valley, also called Kualoa Valley, are either the bus tour, horsebackriding tour, ATV tour, or KOS 4x4 Hummer Tours. Kos Hummer tours will take you deeper into the valley, accessing more Lost filming locations than the other options on its off-road tours through the valley, and also provides a Lost filming locations package on request."

Edited: 15 November 2013, 13:51
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Friday/Saturday in Honolulu

We did a Lost tour with Hawaiian Escapades a few years back and had a fantastic day. You do get to see a lot of the island. You could also do a Kuaola Ranch tour, where a lot of the filming was done. Those mountains are just amazing. Enjoy