We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book for September 2014

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
When to book for September 2014

The two hotels we are looking at and will most likely be booking thru Qantas Holidays (have a policy so that you can cancel and cheaper than hotels direct) when do you think would be the best time to book. Is September normally a very busy time in Waikiki? Thanks, Karen

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,506 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book for September 2014

Book now and see if they go down. If you can actually cancel for no cost and rebook if the prices go down.

Why wait?

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book for September 2014

I totally agree to book now if they have a hassle free cancellation policy. You hedge your bets in that you've got the room you like locked in, and if you find something better or cheaper then you can change without losing anything.

Australia
Level Contributor
393 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book for September 2014

Definitely book now if you know that's when you're going and if the price is right. Don't wait last minute like me and turn what should be a cheap holiday to an expensive one! Only thing, unless you have a particular reason for qantas holidays I would compare those with other holiday packages like on Expedia, or do another comparison for flights on something like skyscanner.

sydney
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book for September 2014

We have had a condo booked since August for September 2014.

I booked flights a couple of weeks ago $1255 return pp with hawaiian airlines - this is for school holiday dates so a fair price - I don't think qantas will ever be that low - I was hoping to fly jetstar on the new Dreamliner, but didn't want to hold off any longer.

I would be seriously stalking air fares and jump on anything that looks reasonable - especially of you are planning on travelling in NSW school holidays.

for me, as soon as its booked its real, and gives me more incentive to save harder!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to book for September 2014

I agree, book now... especially as they have a free cancellation policy. You can always rebook if the prices drop. Good luck!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to book for September 2014

Sorry I was only talking about accommodation, we already have our flights booked, one way with Jetstar as we will be cruising home and could not really justify paying double for Hawaiian Airlines (one way) of what Jetstar cost. Will prob use Qantas Holidays for accomm as would be using some FF points to pay for some of the accommodation. Thanks, Karen

7. Re: When to book for September 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:18