We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catholic mass Waikiki

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Catholic mass Waikiki

We were on Waikiki in 2008 and there was a catholic mass on the beach. Do they still have this? If so, where/when is it?

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,764 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Catholic mass Waikiki

Aloha,

You might what to contact St. Augustine By The Sea.

http://www.staugustinebythesea.com/

Aloha

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catholic mass Waikiki

Don't think that there is any at Fort DeRussey any more. A year ago we attended Mass at St. augustine

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catholic mass Waikiki

We are staying at the HHV and I attended a lovely and very moving mass this morning right on the beach between the Tropics restaurant and Hale Koa hotel.

It was a nondenominational service but had so much ALOHA it was so moving for me.

Only downside being a catholic myself, there was no sacrament of communion.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 04:30
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catholic mass Waikiki

When I was there last year, the general consensus was the the outdoor mass is no longer. If you go to St Augustine's make sure you check out the Fr Damien Museum behind the church and up over the ABC store -its run by volunteers and open at odd hours but usually to tie in with mass times -well worth a visit

Laguna Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Catholic mass Waikiki

I asked about this the last time I was there. I was told the military priest who conducted these services is deployed so the practice has been suspended. In fact, there are no longer Catholic services at the Fort DeRussey chapel period because of the priest's deployment. I haven't been to mass on the beach, but I have been to mass at the Fort DeRussey Chapel. I loved it.

I ended up going to Our Lady of Peace Cathedral downtown. I liked it better than the church in Waikiki. It was more formal and traditional. The people were also very welcoming. You can take the bus there and when they let you off it's about a 3 block walk across a pedestrian square. The church is beautiful and I really enjoyed it.

Edited: 12 April 2014, 04:15
California
Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catholic mass Waikiki

What time was the church service on the beach by HHV.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,604 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catholic mass Waikiki

10:30AM.

http://www.waikikibeachchaplaincy.org/

8. Re: Catholic mass Waikiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:15