We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii in February

Wellsford, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaii in February

Hi! I went to Hawaii Waikiki on my own last June for the first time and loved it so much I plan to go back. Because of other commitments I am thinking of going next month mid to end of February. Is this a good time to go? How does the weather compare with June. I love to be able to sunbathe and lie in the sun as much as possible. Is this still possible in February?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaii in February

By Hawaii ... you mean Honolulu on Oahu? Since you are on the Honolulu Forum?

Here are the average temps and precipitation. weather.com/weather/…USHI0026

I've had great luck with weather in Honolulu in February ... but I caution you ... if you want to come, don't delay your planning. February is very popular for a number of reasons.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,609 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii in February

Be aware that Monday, 2/17 is Presidents' Day, a long weekend. It will be popular and harder to get accommodations.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaii in February

Woo-woo, pzp! Don't forget all those Valentine's Day weddings and anniversaries!

Seattle...
Level Contributor
246 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaii in February

We have been to Hawaii twice in February and are going for the third time this February. We'll be there the 10-16th. It's plenty warm enough to swim and sunbathe. We did get rained on once while snorkeling in Kailua. But, it was still plenty warm and sort of fun.

Seattle...
Level Contributor
246 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaii in February

ETA...we go in February because our schools are out for second winter break then. Not sure how common that is, but it might be one of the reasons February is so busy.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,952 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaii in February

Hawaii is busy in February due to a few different reasons. 1. it's the height of humpback whale season. 2. snowbirds are generally coming or have just arrived. 3. Long 3 day weekend and Valentines day for the romantics!!

Wellsford, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaii in February

Thanks lots for all the replies

8. Re: Hawaii in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 05:17