We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor Wait

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor Wait

Hello, my family is planning a vacation in late March. My youngest son is high functioning autistic with a great interest in military. He's not good at waiting, however, so I'm concerned. Some say you might have to wait three hours. Is the ticket for a specific time? If so, are there places to eat or tour? Thanks so much!

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor Wait

The ticket (I assume you mean for the USS Arizona) is for a specific time, if you reserve it on-line, which I would advise. Then you have to pick up your ticket at least an hour before the tour time. There is a museum nearby, and a store. What we did was to reserve tickets for 1 p.m. Then we got there around 10:45, mostly because we didn't know how long it would take from the hotel. Finding a parking space wasn't particularly easy but if you follow people leaving you can get one. Then for the time between picking up the ticket and the tour time, we went to Schooner's, a restaurant right next to the Arizona Memorial complex, walking distance. The restaurant opens at 11 so we had no problem getting a table right next to the marina. This worked well for us.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,939 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor Wait

Tree ... you may want to scroll down the Oahu Forum, as we talk about Pearl Harbor all the time.

Are you referring to Pearl Harbor ... or the Arizona Memorial? Two different things. Pearl Harbor is the area ... the National Park, more or less. The Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor ... and because its capacity is limited and you have to ferry out to it ... you can reserve tickets/slots on line - in advance. For March - that's ASAP. You do need to be at the Pearl Harbor Visitors' Center an hour in advance to pick up the tickets, but that doesn't mean you will be standing in line all that time. And there are plenty of other things to see while you wait.

If you look off to the right-hand side of this screen, you'll see "Top Questions." Pearl Harbor is listed there.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbor Wait

tree,

As an aside, also consider visiting the Army Museum at Ft. DeRussy. I'm betting your son would really enjoy it. Very well done exhibits.

It's right in Waikiki. There is never a wait and it's free (donations accepted).

Closed Sundays and Mondays.

4. Re: Pearl Harbor Wait

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:19