We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Its a 2 week count down 24th Jan to 7th Feb

Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Its a 2 week count down 24th Jan to 7th Feb

Soooooooooo excited. I am just wondering if I should book a car and if so can I book it over there for a few days.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Its a 2 week count down 24th Jan to 7th Feb

I would book a car. I'm assuming you would like to go to other parts of the island, I personally wouldn't want to mess with The Bus.

There is a Thrifty Car Rental on Kalakaua, and 2 other rental companies in the Hyatt Regency, on the other end of Kalakaua

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,775 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Its a 2 week count down 24th Jan to 7th Feb

You will absolutely want to book a car for at least a couple of days. You can rent and return right in the Waikiki area.

I would suggest that you decide what days you will want to use a car, and make reservations ahead of time.

Lots of people on here recommended using this site for car rental.

http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Its a 2 week count down 24th Jan to 7th Feb

If I were you, I would get going on the car rental, if that is the route you choose.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
105 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Its a 2 week count down 24th Jan to 7th Feb

I'd rent a car for a few days. Last trip we bused everywhere-it was fun and convenient. Next month when we go we are renting a car-but not for the entire vacation. Have fun!

Willmar, Minnesota
Level Contributor
62 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Its a 2 week count down 24th Jan to 7th Feb

I would rent a car for sure, you will go stir crazy if you just stay on Waikiki. Use the link that Placebets shared you will find the best deals there.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,045 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Its a 2 week count down 24th Jan to 7th Feb

While I could never go stir crazy in Waikiki - there's too much to do there - I love the countryside of Oahu, so heartily recommend you get out and explore the island. Have a great time!

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Its a 2 week count down 24th Jan to 7th Feb

Agree book a car for at least a fee days and it will be cheaper if you book it ahead of time.

8. Re: Its a 2 week count down 24th Jan to 7th Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:18