We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

Is there parking and what is the cost of parking near the USS Arizona Memorial? We are staying in Waikiki and felt that a taxi would be too expensive and the bus too long a ride. Any comments?

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,593 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

Parking is right at Pearl Harbor and there is not charge.

We frequently take the bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor. It takes right at an hour but it is interesting to sight see along the way and it is very clean, dependable and cheap.

new york
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

Thanks for the info We are going on Sunday February 9 in the morning. Is there a lot of parking available?

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,593 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

I have never seen any postings that indicate problems finding a place to park at Pearl Harbor. They seem to have plenty. I have always taken the bus so I have never had to look for parking.

Have you reserved a time for the Arizona Memorial ? You must pick those up one hour before your appointed time. Also, be aware, you can not carry bags of any kind into Pearl Harbor. No purses, backpacks, fanny packs, camera bags, etc. Only what you can carry in your hands or stuff into your pockets.

Have a great time.

Aloha

new york
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

Thanks

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,593 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

You are most welcome.

Did you see my comment about USS Arizona Memorial reservations? You want to be sure you do that if they are available to avoid standing in line to get tickets.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,328 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

Parking? The earlier in the morning, the better. They have parking lots. It is ample? Not really. As the lucky duck you got the very, very last place in the middle of the morning, in the middle of the week during low season ... I like to caution people.

And mornings are wonderful anyway!

I prefer driving over the bus - when I have a car. Cabs are a killer! Learned the hard way.

Virginia
Level Contributor
667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

We went on a Sunday mid morning, and there were plenty of spaces left. One lot was full, but there is more than one lot, and they will close off the lots that are full. It could vary in regard to availability, but I do think there are typically enough spaces

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

I went once on a Tuesday at 10:00am at the beginning of August. There was not one parking space to be had anywhere. I post this because it can and does happen. In February, probably not a problem but you just never know. We ended up going to Queen Emma's Summer Palace instead. Next morning we were at the Visitors Center at 7:00am, no problem with parking. This was before you could get advance tickets.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,328 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

<<As the lucky duck you got the very, very last place in the middle of the morning, in the middle of the week during low season ... I like to caution people.>>

Should read "As the lucky duck WHO got the very, very last place in the middle of the morning, in the middle of the week during low season ... I like to caution people."

Sorry.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,207 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking near the USS Arizona Memorial

We visited last August on a Friday morning. Arrived about 9am, there were only about 3-4 open parking stalls, but people were leaving as others including us, were arriving.

According to the Star-Advertiser newspaper as of May 2011, there are about 355 parking stalls.

3Chihuahuas