We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Down town Honolulu to Airport on Monday

Cranbrook, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Down town Honolulu to Airport on Monday

Have a group flying out of HNL airport at Noon on Monday in Feburary

We are staying at the Pagoda Hotel in Honolulu. How much time should I give to

getting to the airport? I am renting a car, so will have to return that at the airport as well.

any help would be great.

Willmar, Minnesota
Level Contributor
62 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Down town Honolulu to Airport on Monday

In my opinion since you have a group I would get up, get packed, have one last breakfast and head to the airport traffic will be fairly heavy.

Virginia
Level Contributor
676 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Down town Honolulu to Airport on Monday

I usually allow an hour (1/2 hour for the travel time, and a 1/2 hour for the car rental return and time to get in the terminal). That is on top of the time the airline requires you get there ahead of your flight...so if they require 2 hours, I am leaving the hotel 3 hours before.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Down town Honolulu to Airport on Monday

I think you've been given a good outline. 1/2 hr drive time, 1/2 hr return car, 2 hrs in advance of your flight = so at least 3 hrs before your flight time to leave the hotel.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,952 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Down town Honolulu to Airport on Monday

From the Pagoda, the travel time will be approx. 45min. Add an half an hour to return the car. You want to be checking in at the airport 2 hrs before your flight leaves. Leave the hotel about 8:30am and you should be good to go.

5. Re: Down town Honolulu to Airport on Monday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:18