We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikiki Hotel

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Waikiki Hotel

Hi,

My husband and I are going to Waikiki Feb 13 to 17. We do not have a hotel booked yet and am looking for advice. I would like to spend no more then $200 a night, less if I can. We are both mid thirties not that it matters, and want to be able to walk to the beach and restaurants, bars for happy hour :) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,932 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikiki Hotel

You are planning very late for a very busy time ... so hop on it!

We talk about low-cost accomodations all the time on the Oahu Forum ... so please scroll down and start reading.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k703316…

This is a current example, but there are many more.

Edited: 14 January 2014, 17:07
Seattle
Level Contributor
42,744 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikiki Hotel

Hawaii has a high room rate tax, so to spend under $200 you're looking at more like $175.

I think The Breakers on Beachwalk is an excellent value hotel at around $150/night. a little lower price (~$125) both White Sands and Waikiki Sand Villa are decent 2/3star kind of places. suze

Minnesota
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikiki Hotel

If you don't mind gambling a little you can check out hotwire. They have a ton of options under $200. Priceline also has their express deals, same concept. There are websites out there that can give you a pretty good idea of which hotel you'll get. I've used them both dozens of times and have never had a bad experience.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,166 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waikiki Hotel

There are many Waikiki hotels to choose from, it depends what is available. We are going mid February and booked our accommodation last year. I imagine hotel prices would have went up already. One of the hotels we are staying at is Holiday Inn Beachcomber if you want to check it out.

Once you have a hotel in mind, have a look at www.hotelscombined to compare prices on several websites. You may have to make a bid on www.hotwire.com or www.priceline.com

Do check out hotel photos on www.oyster.com as well.

Good luck and happy planning!!

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waikiki Hotel

We love the idea of booking a hotel that has a view of Diamond head. You look aout the window at Diamond head and you know you are in Waikiki.

Park Shore

Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel (free breakfast)

6. Re: Waikiki Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 05:19