We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last night on the islands/only night on Honolulu.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last night on the islands/only night on Honolulu.

We will be staying in Honolulu for the last night of our trip. I would like to find a fairly nice place on the beach to treat my wife to our last night. I have looked at the Outrigger and Hilton Hawaiian village and both are about the same for price. Is one better than the other for dining or any other amenity? We will have a rental car to park as well.

Thanks in advance.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last night on the islands/only night on Honolulu.

Go to Duke's. Chuck.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,680 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last night on the islands/only night on Honolulu.

For a special, last night, without children, I would not stay at HHV. It is a very busy resort that appeals to families (read: fun and noisy!).

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last night on the islands/only night on Honolulu.

Which Outrigger? Outrigger Reef? Outrigger Waikiki? Both are on the beach and both are on Waikiki. I'd choose the Reef - quieter.

Dinner at Duke's IF you make reservations ahead (plenty) and ask for a table "on the rail" (balcony). Duke's is in the Outrigger Waikiki building.

I also think that the House With a Key at Halekulani is great! They do not take reservations ... but you should not have a problem with an early-ish dinner. They are a stone's throw from the Outrigger Reef.

I don't recommend the HHV ... very, very seldom. It caters to families with kids and conventioners ... and you will have much better dinner options closer to central Waikiki.

Here is a rough map of Waikiki hotels. discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last night on the islands/only night on Honolulu.

I like the Outrigger Reef. They have two good restaurants on the property. But Waikiki is very small, it's very easy to walk somewhere else besides your own hotel for a meal.

suze

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last night on the islands/only night on Honolulu.

I second what Suze said about Waikiki being small ... you really could basically walk to any restaurant you like... you will see what we mean when you are there :) Do not chose a hotel based on the restaurants... especially for just one night.

Duke's is fun and we love it... but it can be loud and it is always crowded.

For a special treat for you and your wife, I would recommend Orchids at Halekulani. It is a bit pricey but the food is delicious, the service is wonderful and (IMO), it is just so darn romantic! lol

A perfect ending to a great vacation :)

P.S... if you consider Orchids, make sure to reserve an oceanfront table.

Willmar, Minnesota
Level Contributor
62 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last night on the islands/only night on Honolulu.

I totally second HawaiiGirl08! I love Duke's for fun, music, and cocktails. Orchids is very quiet and romantic, it should be an experience on soon forgotten!

Alberta
Level Contributor
669 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last night on the islands/only night on Honolulu.

We had a lovely sunset dinner at The Ocean House in the Outrigger Reef. I made reservations for when it opened for dinner. We were seated at a table by the window and enjoyed watching the sunset.

8. Re: Last night on the islands/only night on Honolulu.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:19