We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Waikiki weather

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ames, Iowa
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
Recent Waikiki weather

I have been following the Waikiki forecast and it has been (and will be for the next 5 days or so) about 74 degrees for the high and 67 for the low.

Is this too cold for most people (tourists) that want to spend the day in the water?

Is this typical weather for late January?

As far as I know the forecast I've been watching is wrong.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,858 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Waikiki weather

www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/oahu.php…

This is the website you should be using for Hawaii weather.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Waikiki weather

Yes, that is about right for this time of year. The high's will be a bit higher than 74 you posted and the lows could be a bit lower but typical. Yesterday and this morning are probably the coolest it has been this winter. As long as the sun is shining, there is no reason not to get into the water. It'll feel a bit chilly at first but you get used to it after just a few minutes.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent Waikiki weather

We were there one March and the highs were about that. It was perfect during the day, but quite chilly at night walking around Waikiki with the wind coming off the water. The water on Waikiki Beach was still pleasant, but over on Kauai it was a tad chilly for me to snorkel in for long. I think you'll be fine!

4. Re: Recent Waikiki weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 06:22