We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

Hamilton, Ontario
14 posts
Save Topic
Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

We would like to book an exursion to the Chief's Luau - there are quite a few tour operator's, does anyone have a recommendation?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

Like who?

Hamilton, Ontario
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

That is what I am asking, who to book with

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

Sorry ... I mean who have you considered? Does the luau provide transportation from Waikiki? Are you doing this in conjunction with a visit to the Park itself? We don't get as many questions about the Chief's Luau as we do others.

I guess I wondering what a "tour" would entail.

I'm on my way out of the house, but will pull up some things when I come back (yes, it really is about 75 degrees here!). By then others will chime in as well.

Stay tuned.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

I would book directly with the luau (like on the chiefs luau site). They have a transportation option or you can drive yourself.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

I would book directly with the luau (like on the chiefs luau site). They have a transportation option or you can drive yourself.

Has anyone been to this one? We are considering it this time around. We have gone to Paradise Cove a few times and the PCC. Liked paradise cove, not crazy over PCC luau. Is Chiefs good?

Hamilton, Ontario
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

There were two tour companies we were considering - Tom Barefoot Tours or Hawaii Discount -

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

The Luau itself offers pick-up on Waikiki. That is what I would use ...

I looked at the three Discover Hawaii Tours. One looked like the same set up at the luau-based pick up ... and it may be the same bus.

One had VIP seating. And it may be the same pick up as well.

One took you around the Island first.

SO - you need to do the math ... and see which has the best price. It looks like Discover Hawaii may do the pick up for the luau ... may be a contractor for them. There are probably other vendors as well.

discoverhawaiitours.com/tours-by-island/… (scroll down)

So again, this is basically the same service/tickets sold through different vendors. I would pick the cheapest. I don't think that it is ... "fair" ... that 2 of these pick ups with Discover Hawaii book themselves as tours. They are transportation.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,892 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

Tom's Barefoot Tours are well known and I haven't read anything bad about them.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,048 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

tombarefoot.com/oahu/_chiefs_luau__luaus_on_…

Here's the link for Tom's package. Again, this looks like transportation and the regular set prices of the luau. Not a tour.

10. Re: Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 06:22