We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polynesian show

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Campbell River...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Polynesian show

We would like to attend some sort of a Polynesian show. The luau's on Oahu don't generally get great reviews so I'm wondering what other shows there are that are good, hopefully better than just "good"!

It doesn't have to include food because we can eat before or after. We are staying in Waikiki and will have a rental car.

Looking for a really good show with a smaller audience capacity, we're not interested in being herded about as 2 out of several hundred! Any advice on this one?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Polynesian show

We really liked the show Ha:Breath of Life. It is at Polynesian Cultural Center. It isn't part of luau, separate show at night. Was amazing, great story behind t, lots of fire dancers.

I wouldn't recommend the luau at PCC. It was mediocre.

We have done the Paradise Cove luau a couple times and it was fun. We are planning to try Chiefs Luau this time

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Polynesian show

cmh 1961, when are you planning your visit to our shores? I'm asking because, a few Halau's will be doing benefit shows to raise funds for the up coming Merry Monarch Festival. Halau shows are not your typical luau type shows. Performance in Kahiko, Auwana and some modern dances are presented.

Give your vacation dates and I'll try listing some shows for you.

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Polynesian show

islekane, we will be on Oahu Feb 7th to the 13th. My husband would most especially like something that is as culturally authentic as possible.

If you know of anything else entertainment wise that is happening during that time please feel free to suggest. We enjoy live entertainment of all types, well, almost all types!

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Polynesian show

islekane, oh, we're actually leaving on the evening of the 13th so I guess our available days for an evening show are Feb 7 - 12.

Willmar, Minnesota
Level Contributor
62 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Polynesian show

Our family has been satisfied with Germains. They put on a nice Polynesian show too, kind of an overview of all cultures.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,847 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Polynesian show

cmh - be patient. See if Scott responds to your post. We had a discussion a few days ago or so ... about where a local (popular) Waikiki show was moving. Their venue is being renovated.

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Polynesian show

@BLBL No worries! I am patient. :D

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,847 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Polynesian show

The show is called "Creation - A Polynesian Journey. Stay tuned.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,847 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Polynesian show

http://www.tihati.com/luau_temoananui.php

Here we go ... and it's got a new name.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Polynesian show

cmh, Kauakolo Foundation presents, Na Kumu Hula Karl Veto Baker and Michael Casupang's 16th Annual Valentines Day Concert, on February 9, with two shows at 1 pm and 5 pm, entitled "You Should Know By Now", taken from the Paul Anka composition "Do I Love You," made famous in Hawaii by the Lady of Love Loyal Garner. This show title and theme gives the answer to that question with "Do I Love You/ ... You Should Know By Now".

Join members of Halau I Ka Wekiu as they explore all things in hula, a bit of history, and many elements of our Hawaiian paradise. Plus one special surprise guest. Popular award winning halau at Merry Monarch, this Hawaiian concert will be close to sell out.

The revue "Creation - A Polynesian Journey" which close last month at the Princess Kaiulani Hotel, will open at the Pacific Beach Hotel for three nights, I believe starting Feb 1014.

cmh, I will PM. Live Aloha,