We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

Hello everyone,

My family is planning a vacation to Honolulu between march 8-15 this year. We seemed to have narrows down our hotel to the hilton Hawaiian village.

Some recent reviews are giving a mixed picture as to how noisy it can get and I was hoping that anyone who has recently stayed there can give me the low down on this issue and the hotel in general.

Thanks for the help!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

Depends where you are on property... you need to check out the resort layout in relation to the streets. If you can afford the Rainbow or Ali'i towers you can get away from any road noise, but may here a little from the pool or the beach/lagoon area. Read through the reviews on here for more details. Or toss up a specific question the place is far too large to cover in one post.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,185 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

It is fairly noisy almost anywhere in Waikiki.

Garbage & delivery trucks start at 5am or so. Buses start at 5am or so. There is usually construction nearby, so construction noise during the daytime.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
486 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

We are here in Tapa Tower high floor looking toward the ocean,RainbowTower (which is getting work done on it I.e no rainbow murals)and the lagoon we can't hear or even see any streets from our room .

Lookingat our resort map Kalia Tower is close to Kailia Road and Ala Moana Blvd.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

Never had a problem with noise with the exception of the music coming from the Tropics bar on a night we really wanted to get in early and have a good night sleep!

New Lenox, Illinois
Level Contributor
170 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

We stayed in the Tapa Tower facing the city and did not have any problem with any traffic noise or from the hotel. It was actually nice to sit out on the lanai and see the city lights at night. The resort size is intimidating at first, but you can get used to it very quickly(the hotel staff was very helpful with questions and will direct you to where you want to be) .

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

We stayed in an oceanfront room at the Rainbow Tower last year and liked the beach, lagoon, seriously stunning views, and room itself. But hated the seemingly constant live music. Maybe a coincidence, but whenever we wanted to sit in the lanai and relax/read in the afternoon, it felt like one of the open air bars below would start up the classic rock / covers band (not Hawaiian or Hawaii specific music). And even with the lanai doors shut, you could still hear it. Both the band and crowd noise.

Probably not as bad on a higher floor (I think we were on 10) but we were really annoyed by the third time it happened. There's a schedule they post on their web site where you can see when the live music happens. On weekends it is often in both the afternoon and evening. Not a good choice if you are someone who wants to take a nap or is a light sleeper/goes to bed 9-10pm. Again, check the schedule online beforehand. There's a paper schedule in your room as well.

Very little traffic or truck notice. Some incidental noise from the pool but more ambient/background. You can hear the Rockin' Revue on Friday nights by the big pool if your unit faces the pool but that is only 7-7:45 pm followed by the fireworks. It's the band afterwards at Tropics that goes on for a while. Some love it but it was not for us.

Edited: 28 January 2014, 14:36
Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
4,903 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

Here is an aerial view of HHV property listing the various towers, etc. you can see the proximity to the street:

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/oahu/oah…

Virginia
Level Contributor
667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

I agree with the others that traffic noise has never been an issue when I have been there.

And yes, there is music from Tropics, but I like that part. Gives it a festive, resort feel for me.

Balnarring...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

We just arrived home from HHV yesterday. We were travelling with 2 children and we stayed in the Kalia Tower on the 11th floor. Even though the tower is right next to the street we did not hear any traffic noise when the sliding door was closed. We also did not hear any live music either. I think that this tower may be the quietest which was perfect for us. Although it is a little further to walk to the main pools the walk is really lovely through the hotel shopping and eating mall.

canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton Hawaiian village, traffic noise?

We stayed in Kalia Tower the first two weeks of January. The noise from the live music isn't as loud as it would be in the Rainbow Tower which is right next to the venue. We never found the noise to be distracting. However, when I am in accommodations beside the ocean, I like to hear the waves and smell the sea. We definitely could not hear the ocean and the overwhelming smell of fried food is prevalent for most of the day. But all in all a nice spot in a convenient location.