We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafferty's Garden baby food

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Hedland...
5 posts
Save Topic
Rafferty's Garden baby food

Hello,

I will be travelling to Oahu with a 1 year old. Just wondering whether you can find "Rafferty's Garden" brand baby food in many food stores & if Foodland & Wal-Mart (where would I find these stores in Oahu?)would be the best places to go for this?

Thank you

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafferty's Garden baby food

Sorry I have never heard of that brand is it made in Australia it may not be available in the US.

Is it like a natural/organic type of baby food because you can find that in other brands in most bigger grocery stores like Safeway or Foodland maybe even Walmart.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafferty's Garden baby food

http://www.raffertysgarden.com/wheretobuy

Well I don't see anywhere in the US listed.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafferty's Garden baby food

Looks like you'll have to get real gutsy and use American baby food? Chuck.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,081 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rafferty's Garden baby food

Never heard of it or seen it, not even in health food stores.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rafferty's Garden baby food

You could always bring it with you in checked baggage, but it could end up being expensive. Seems like baby food is basically baby food, but I can understand concern about a fussy baby trying to deal with a new type of food.

You can't be the first to have thought about this. Maybe some of your countrymen will chime in here!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rafferty's Garden baby food

Try WHOLE FOODS, I they may have a infants section.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rafferty's Garden baby food

You'll find American brands in the stores in Hawaii, such as Gerber (also available in organic), Plum Organics, and Nature's Best. You'll need to pack your own if you want a specific type. On the mainland I've used a service called Babies Travel Lite before (http://www.babiestravellite.com). If you have an Aussie version of this company you might be able to order some of your brand food to be shipped to the hotel for when you arrive in Hawaii, but it would probably be costly due to the shipping charges. Better to just pack your own in luggage, or try some of our brands.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rafferty's Garden baby food

Hi there from a fellow Aussie (and mum of a Rafferty's Garden fan)!

If you can't find Rafferty's Garden, I've used the Plum brand before when overseas and my bubba loved it, it's a fairly similar texture and consistency to Rafferty's - but that's for the 4 months plus range (ie the small squeeze packs). I haven't tried any international brands for the lumpier range - but my toddler loves the Heinz Little Kids range of tinned food, so I'm hoping that with Heinz being an international brand, we should be able to find something similar over there.

Port Hedland...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rafferty's Garden baby food

Thank you everyone :)

I have since found out Rafferty's Garden is not sold in the US. http://www.raffertysgarden.com/wheretobuy

For those of you who don't know it is a really decent brand of baby food with great recipes (59 flavours).

Think ill be packing some in my luggage & will also give the US brands of baby food a go for something different :)

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rafferty's Garden baby food

Maybe mix what you bring with what you buy (same flavors)...not such a shock if your baby is used to one thing only.