We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

Hi, we are heading to Hawaii in July for our 3rd visit. This time we are going in a family group of 13 including small children. We usually stay at the Surfrider but believe the Hilton Hawaiian would be better for everyone. Having never stayed there before, I am wondering if anyone can recommend the best tower without going over the top. We have been offered a great deal staying in the Tapa Tower with ocean views and breakfast etc which suits everyone's budgets. Has anyone had a bad experience there?

Virginia
Level Contributor
667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

The best towers are typically Ali'i and Rainbow. I haven't heard many negatives about Tapa, but I have about Diamond Head and maybe Kalia. You can find affordable rooms in the Rainbow Tower depending on the view you want.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,356 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

I'd say the Rainbow and Ali'i Towers are the best with the Lagoon Tower not far behind.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/oahu/oah…

I think the Tapa Tower room could be dependent on how high it is, which way it faces and other factors.

Here are some good pictures from TA's sister site, Oyster.

oyster.com/hawaii/…

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

Ali'i for location and size (small, but the rooms are larger than Rainbow's) and the added amenities, Rainbow for beachfront central location and the ridiculously good views (from some rooms) all the way down the beach to Diamond Head... not the tower, lol. Tapa is newer and nice and from high up can have some pretty good views, but is set further back. Lagoon is right up there, but is a condo timeshare tower not a hotel room tower... Grand Waikikian, Kalia, and finally poor old Diamond Head round out the list. GW and K are nice as well just not as well located within the resort. As noted for Tapa look for an ocean view.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

Thank you for your help!

Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

Having stayed at both the Surfrider and Hilton Hawaiian's Ali'i Towers, I would definitely recommend Hilton Hawaiian over the Surfrider. Loved the location and proximity to Ala Moana shopping centre. Hilton has a number of swimming pools and a fantastic swimming beach. You also don't have to fight for your patch of sand like at the Surfrider.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

We had a great 8 night stay in an Ocean View room in the Rainbow tower back in February. My profile pic at the left is the view from our lanai..

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
36,292 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

First choice would be Lagoon Tower (Hilton Grand Vacations, last two times that we stayed), and the two-bedroom upper suites are lovely with almost 270 degrees of view and two lanais.

Next would be Rainbow Tower, and their Corner Suites are spacious and have great views.

Ali`i comes in a third, but will lack views.

Recently did the Kali`a, and it was very nice. Much quieter than the others, but we had to settle for a view of the Ko`olaus (high enough that it was easy to overlook the streets). The room (Deluxe King) was large and comfortable, and that area of the property just does not seem to see the crowds now.

Have never stayed in Tapa, or the Grand Waikikian Tower, so cannot comment on them.

For a large family with kids, I do agree that the HHV is a great location - so much to do, right there. However, though we've stayed there for most of 35 years, the crowds are getting to the point, that I am not sure that we (an older couple), will be going back.

Enjoy,

Hunt

new jersey
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

On the website they said a double oceanview room in the Ali Tower is 500 sq. feet..I wonder how true that is? We looked into the Grand Waikian and its supposedly the newest and good for families since it has full kitchen (even though one may not cook)..but its about 600 sq feet -- so I was surprised when they said the Alitower rooms are 500 sq feet?

Does any one know if that's true?

Ali does has its own checkin so thats a plus..and it was recently redone.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,484 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

Aloha,

Well, why would they lie about it?

Aloha

Ballarat
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

Hi we are going next june with 6 families. Wondering which tower you decided on and your views on the place. Hearing so many mixed reviews we are getting confused.