We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do after Pearl Harbor?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
25 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
What to do after Pearl Harbor?

Hi, we are staying on the Big Island but are coming over to Oahu for one day to see Pearl Harbor. Our flight arrives at 6:56 am and we are renting a car. Our return flight is at 6:52 pm. I have already reserved Arizona Memorial tickets for 10:30. So we will go straight to Pearl Harbor and hopefully see maybe the Bowfin before the Arizona Memorial. My husband also wants to see the Missouri. But I am thinking that we will have time when we finish at Pearl Harbor to maybe see something else. I am looking for suggestions as to what to see?

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do after Pearl Harbor?

The Bishop Museum is great if you want to learn a lot about Hawaiian history and culture. Iolani palace is also great. Check out their websites. Also walking around Waikiki is really fun.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,146 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do after Pearl Harbor?

I would go in to Waikiki and have an early dinner. Walk around ... enjoy.

I love the Bishop Museum and Iolani Palace ... but I opt for the food. Not much food at Pearl Harbor and you will be hungry bunnies. Park valet at the Outrigger Waikiki and have a late lunch/early dinner at Duke's.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,080 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do after Pearl Harbor?

Just remember with your flight time, you will be heading back to the airport during our infamous rush hour. Give yourself plenty of time!! For a 7:00pm flight, returning a car etc. I would leave Waikiki no later than 4:30pm.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,066 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do after Pearl Harbor?

It's fun to hop over to the Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium, if your Pearl Harbor day is Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday. Here is their website for hours and directions:

http://www.alohastadiumswapmeet.net/

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
25 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do after Pearl Harbor?

Thanks everyone! I was thinking of going to Waikiki. The info about rush hour is very much appreciated!

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,066 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do after Pearl Harbor?

Just an additional FYI on your time at Pearl Harbor. The Arizona Memorial has a movie, before boarding the boat, then I always recommend going to the museum and gift shop. There are usually veterans sitting at a table nearby. You may meet them, ask for their autograph, etc. Truly an honor. Inside the gift shop, they have flags for sale that have flown over the memorial. Awesome gift idea, but I also fly one every day at our offices.

In addition, the USS Missouri has really amazing docent tours. They cost a bit more than self guided, but you truly learn so much more with them. After, you may roam around on your own for as long as you wish. They have a cool little canteen that serves BBQ and some other food. Their gift shop sells ID dog tags for souvenirs. Our grand kids love theirs.

If you really want to experience something cool, go on the submarine, Bowfin, tour and museum.

We usually end up spending all day when we go to Pearl Harbor, This is my favorite day on Oahu.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 21:08
Dallas
Level Contributor
22,935 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do after Pearl Harbor?

I would suggest going to the Moana hotel and enjoy a beautiful view of Diamond Head and the beautiful blue water, and enjoy a mai-tai or lava flow along with people watching. It is situated right next to the beach and it's a great place to people watch as well.

However, i do not recommend the food there.

8. Re: What to do after Pearl Harbor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:27