We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hale Koa without ID

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
84 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Hale Koa without ID

My sister will be staying with us and does not have a military ID card. Will she still be able to dine at the cafés if we are not with her?

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
84 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hale Koa without ID

Found my Answer but not sure how to delete this post, sorry!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hale Koa without ID

Simple to delete. Click on "report inappropriate post and then click on remove my post. Chuck.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hale Koa without ID

Don't delete it.

Share your answer. It may help someone else.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hale Koa without ID

Her answer should be yes. My brother in law is retired Air Force. They stayed at the Hale Koa for a couple of days and we were allowed to go into the restaurants. Couldn't buy at the little PX (or whatever it's called) though. The staff at check in even gave us their free parking card since we had a car and by brother in law did not.

5. Re: Hale Koa without ID

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 12:37
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hale Koa without ID

Anyone can go to their beach side bar. It's the inside restaurants that could pose a problem. Personally I like to respect our armed forces, that is what the Hale Koa is for. I wouldn't take advantage of that.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hale Koa without ID

I agree but a lot obviously don't respect that.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hale Koa without ID

As a registered guest of a military sponsor your sister will be given a "hotel ID" which will serve for authorized entry into hotel restaurants, the PX (except for cigarettes or liquor) and can make purchases in those locations withou sponsor being present. We have had civilian guests stay with us at hotel several times.

9. Re: Hale Koa without ID

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:17