We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HNL Airport baby facilities

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
209 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
HNL Airport baby facilities

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light for me on what the baby facilities are like at HNL airport. I would assume that there are baby change rooms/stations available, but is there anywhere with a microwave to heat up some baby food? Or a convenience store to pick a pack or two up?

We are heading over in a few weeks' time and have about 3 hours between arriving in HNL and leaving on our inter island flight. I'm just trying to get down to working out what I need to pack in hand luggage vs check in and what I can just get there.

Thanks!

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
23,674 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HNL Airport baby facilities

Aloha,

There are pull-down changing tables in the restrooms.

There is no publicly accessible microwave that I am aware of. It's possible that one of the restaurants would be willing to heat the baby food for you. If not, you could get a cup of hot water at Starbucks and put the container of baby food in it till heated enough.

I don't know if any of the shops sell baby food. I haven't seen any, but I've never specifically looked.

Aloha

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HNL Airport baby facilities

Yup, just some drop down changing tables in the bathrooms. I would bring your own babyfood, I never saw any in the airport shops. They also didn't have whole milk, just an FYI if your baby is between 1-2 yrs. Mine never needed any bottles or baby food heated up (makes it much easier in a situation like this!), but if I had to I would do the hot water trick above. Same as for heating things on the plane, but you probably already checked into that. Have fun!

Port Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HNL Airport baby facilities

We just got back from Oahu with our 15 month old and I wrote a little blog about it. It has a few tips. Hope it helps. :) http://www.happybabyandmama.blogspot.com/

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HNL Airport baby facilities

You may want to check the official airport website,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
209 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HNL Airport baby facilities

Thanks all! My little one is at an age where he could eat a sandwich or something for a meal, so we could certainly just grab him a bite to eat with us. Might just pack a couple of squeeze packs of fruit or something as a back up :)

6. Re: HNL Airport baby facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 05:21