We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

Hi we are thinking of going to Waikiki on our way home from doing LA, Vegas & New York. As we have never been I am after ideas of accommodation. We want to be within walking distance to everything. Is there any 2 bedroom apartments on the beach? Or large interconnecting rooms. My kids are 8, 14 & 16. I am hoping to keep the cost under $5k for 6 nights if possible.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

Hilton Hawaiin Village, Double Tree, Embassy Suites, Breakers Garden Suite are hotels that allow 5 in certain rooms.

There are many condos. Some 1 bedrooms allow 5. Check vrbo.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

oops...on beach just HHV of the hotels above. There Waikiki Shore is on beach...only 3 that sleep 5.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…

Also, Ilikai

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/hawaii/oahu/south-oahu/waikiki/ilikai-hotel-condos?sleeps=5-plus&location+type=Beachfront

Edited: 11 March 2014, 15:30
sydney
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

Hi Marcia,

A 2 bed condo is an option for you. Best options could be Wyndham waikiki, Outrigger on beachwalk or the Ilikai.

All three can be found on vrbo or book directly.

Embassy suites or Trump are other options but are more expensive than the previous mentioned.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

Also, Moana Surfrider, but i would recommend a condo if u can. We booked our vacation just 2 months before coming to waikiki and because we wanted to be close to the beach, there were o condos available. We ended up staying at HHV last month and it was fabulous except I didn't realize a small fridge would not be enough. There are 5 of us, kids ages 16 and 14 (boys) and 11(girl) (and hubbie). All the boys got cranky at different times because food was not always easily accessible. So...I'd recommend a condo if you can find one. Let me know if you have any other questions about HHV. ~Shelley

Edited: 13 March 2014, 05:37
Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

Marcia, try Aston Waikiki BeachTower Hotel/Condo, 2470 Kalakaua Avenue, tel: +1-877-997-6667. Waikiki BeachTower is located across the street from Kuhio Beach, you are minutes away from central Waikiki on one side and Kapiolani Park on the other. Google Aston Waikiki Beach Tower and see it's location and how close you are to majority of the things to do in Waikiki. Good luck,

Kansas
Level Contributor
119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

If your budget is up to $5K or under for 6 nights you might want to check out the Trump International Waikiki. A colleague wanted two bedrooms in the same unit to keep tabs on their teen kids/friends during a recent Hawaii trip. They raved about the Trump two bedroom they booked and location. It's just across the street from the beach close to the Halekulani, Outrigger Reef, and other properties. Lewers Street is the next block over. Just walk through Ft. DeRussy Park and you're at the Hilton Hawaiian Village beachfront area.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

We love Trump and the space it affords. We rent a 2 bedroom for our family of 5. Our kids are only little so 2 share the second bedroom and the smallest is in the living room which has a full size sofa bed. If you get a 2 bedroom with den there are 2 sofa beds. Plus 2 bathrooms, full stocked kitchen and laundry facilities.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

HI Shelley, Did you have a 2 bedroom at HHV or was it interconnecting rooms? As we will be speding Xmas there I definitely want a 2 bedroom place so we have the extra room. Also what were the pools like? Thanks:)

9. Re: Family Accommodation in Waikiki with 3 kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:19