We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hapa performing?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
hapa performing?

Am a Kauai regular but have friend visiting Oahu. Remember that Hapa performed regularly at a venue on Oahu. Would like to recommend. Any suggestions.

They will be there for 4 days starting March 18.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,544 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hapa performing?

Aloha,

Looks like Hapa is in CA then.

http://www.hapa.com/

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hapa performing?

Hapa is good at entering their concerts at mele.com as well ... for future reference.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hapa performing?

Thanks all. I thought they performed at a restaurant/bar on Oahu when not travelling. Is that still the case - even though I understand they will be off island while my friend is visiting.

BARB

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,544 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hapa performing?

Aloha,

Sometimes Nathan Aweau performs at the Kanikapila Grill at the Outrigger Reef.

As a duo not so much anymore on Oahu.

I would send your friends there.

Aloha

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hapa performing?

The Kanikapila Grill at the Outrigger Reef has some excellent musicians, and you may be able to pull up a schedule on-line. I like their food as well.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hapa performing?

HAPA has had many changes in lead vocalists over the years with lead guitarist (and founder) Barry Flanagan as the only constant. I have seen most of them. The duo you have enjoyed in the past is probably not the same as today's version. I was quite disappointed when I saw HAPA in Portland last year. I would much rather see Nathan Aweau (formerly with HAPA) solo, as Jet83 has recommended. He is a wonderful vocalist with a charming stage presence.

The Waikiki Marriott used to have excellent local musicians playing outside on Sunday evenings. Might check to see if that is still true.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hapa performing?

AlbaBarb, HAPA made regular appearance at the old Chai's Bistro at Aloha TowerMarket Place. Since the closure and relocation to Kapiolani Blvd, Chai's Bistro is now called Chef Chai's. Regular entertainment was discontinued, but, monthly concerts are presented.

For the month of March, Robert Cazimero and his Halau Na Kamalei is presenting a "Full Moon Concert" on March 16th with a Dinner and show Chef Chai's was voted "Best New Restaurant" by the Ilima Awards.

For entertainment listing, go online with www.TGIF.com and/or honolulupulse.com. You can start with these two. Good luck,

8. Re: hapa performing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 04:24