We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

c bus from waikiki to wainea for early morning boat tour.

driftwood
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
c bus from waikiki to wainea for early morning boat tour.

I was hoping to be eco friendly and take the C Bus from waikiki to wainea boat habor. Tour leaves at 8 am from Wainea boat harbor and I am staying in waikiki. Is this a reasonable expectation or should i make alternative arrangements?

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: c bus from waikiki to wainea for early morning boat tour.

rancho, are you doing the dolphin tour ? Did you book already?

At that time in the morning, The C Bus will take approximately 90 minutes from Ala Moana Center to your bus stop in Waianae. You need to be at Ala Moana Bus Depot for the 605 a bus so you can make your 8 am tour. I say pretty risky. What if something goes wrong on the bus route when the bus is delayed beyond 8 am. You should rent a car for the day. Taxi or private cars will be costly.

I would reconsider this tour if you have not book, yet. Maybe, upon your arrival, you should look into the tour with your hotel concierge. He/she might help you with transportation, because, she might have someone else going. Split the cost of transportation and/or have alternate mode of transportation available from suggestion by the concierge. Good luck,

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: c bus from waikiki to wainea for early morning boat tour.

A Taxi ride from Waikiki to Waianae is about $120.00 one way and will take about 1 hour to get there. You can always take the bus back, when you don't have any time constraints. You can check on line for companies that will offer a fixed price on the fare.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,425 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: c bus from waikiki to wainea for early morning boat tour.

Most of the boat tours that leave from Waianae have transportation available. You have to pay for it but it will end up being cheaper than a taxi and less than the hassle of taking the bus all the way out there.

4. Re: c bus from waikiki to wainea for early morning boat tour.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:20