We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
saskatoon
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

Last minute planning and we are looking for accommodations for next week for mother/adult daughter in Waikiki. We will not have a car and prefer to eat at home so need a place close to organic food supply and bus service (and close to beach would be nice). We are on a tight budget so hope to find a place reasonably priced. Any suggestions where best to look?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

Well, I just pretended that I was you looking to travel next week ...and went on VRBO and hotels.com to start. (I only use hotels.com to get an idea of rates, then book directly with the hotel for the same or better rate)

These two hotels are available and are often recommended on here by our budget travel guru:

White Sands Hotel- $92/nt

Waikiki Sand Villa- $105/nt

A kitchenette at the White Sands costs you slightly more.

Also, from vrbo.com, for a condo type accommodation with full kitchen, I would check out Wyndham Beach Walk and this one http://www.vrbo.com/3001894ha Not much else available last minute and in budget range.

Other sites you could try on your own for more condos would be airbnb.com, homeaway.com, and flipkey.com. I actually find searching for accommodations to be part of the fun, give it a try!

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

I have stayed at both Sand Villa and White Sands and like them both. The Royal Grove is another budget favorite. The Breakers on BeachWalk is a bit more but also very nice. There are kitchenette rooms at both White Sand and the Royal Grove. suze

Alhambra, California
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

Try discounthotelshawaii.com. they usually have good last minute deals, I've used them before.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
22,046 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

Aloha,

Do you mean the week that is starting today or a week from today?

You can try an expedia-type search to see which hotels have rooms available for your dates.

Health food store or restaurant that uses organic food?

Aloha

saskatoon
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll be working on it today (going to cut into our beach time in Maui though, lol). Access to kitchen facilities and an organic grocery store and/or farmers market is important though as I am on a strict diet for health reasons (even carting the juicer along), and seldom find a restaurant that suits my needs. Oftentimes I'll accompany my daughter to a restaurant so she can enjoy some fine cuisine, then I'll go home and make my own meal (yes it's the pits but could be worse!). So we'll look into the hotel options with kitchenettes that you've suggested.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,847 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

It would help us if we knew your nightly accommodations budget. What is your definition of "reasonably-priced?"

saskatoon
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

Jet 83, To clarify, yes, we are looking for the week starting tomorrow Monday the 24th. Maybe we can get a last minute deal by leaving it this late!

saskatoon
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

From looking online, reasonably priced is around the $100/night mark? (Not something we could find in Maui.) Is that about right for Waikiki? Some places offer pick up from the airport so that is an important perk to us as well seeing how we won't be renting a car.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
22,046 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

Aloha,

$100 would be cheap.

Verify the hotel shuttle issue with the hotel before booking. There may be a fee. It could also be outdated info.

Aloha

Kona
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodations in Waikiki for next week?

Not having a car will be a challenge in terms of finding organic food to prepare - there is none to be had in Waikiki unless a new market has opened up in the last year or so. As far as I know, the closest market with lots of organic foods is Down to Earth on South King St. - and that's too far to walk, although you could take a bus there.

Whole Foods is all the way out in Kahala, so that's not helpful.

There is a little natural foods restaurant/takeout place called Ruffage Natural Foods on Kuhio in Waikiki that has sandwiches, wraps and smoothies.

My go-to lower-end hotel in Waikiki is the 'Ohana Waikiki East (clean and comfortable, nothing fancy), and they do have some kitchenette rooms, although I've never stayed in one so can't attest to how well equipped it was.

Edited: 23 March 2014, 20:42