We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rentals

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
car rentals

I am interested in renting a 12 seater van from JN car rentals.

Is this a reputable company

Thank you

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,050 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rentals

OK there has to be a back story here...I can't imagine driving this rig in Honolulu let alone trying to park it anywhere, If you can give us a bit more info it would help...never heard of JN rentals.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,856 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rentals

Do you drive a van that size at home?

Locals -- would a van that size require a special license?

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rentals

JN Chevolet is very much reputable. I have rented from them many times up to a 15 passenger van. You do not need a special license to drive a 12 passenger van. Go for it.

Many times if you do not make reservations early, they have no vans. Many sport teams rent vans like these through out the year to drive the team to games.

Make reservation early, good luck.

toronto
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car rentals

Thank you for your reply.....we are a family of 10 driving to the North Shore over

Christmas.

Thanks again

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,492 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: car rentals

Aloha,

Do you need the van just for the day you're going to the North Shore?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,856 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rentals

Good question by Jet! Is this a day trip only? Are you staying at the North Shore? Waikiki? How long do you need the van for? We're not being nosey - just trying to fill in the blanks to give you the best answer.

I would also consider two cars/SUVs instead ... more flexibility if everyone doesn't want to go to the same place.

I'm not good at advising Canadians about the ends and outs of renting cars in Hawaii ... car insurance-wise ... but do take insurance into consideration when renting a van that size.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,492 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: car rentals

Aloha,

Great minds, BLBL! That's exactly why I wondered.

8. Re: car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 07:16