We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
528 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

Looking for a yummy place to get breakfast on our way to Pearl Harbor in September. We are staying at Outrigger Reef on The Beach. We have the 8:15 tour, so we plan to up and traveling very early. Can't wait to hear what you all suggest :)

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

You know ... I'd have cereal and milk and fruit in the room. You will need to pick up your tickets at 7:15 -- and you'll need 40 minutes (my estimation) to get there and get parked. There is a VERY large ABC Store within spitting distance of you. You can grab breakfast items the night before, as well as water, snacks, etc.

Even the Kani Ka Pila Grille at the Reef (nice breakfast!) doesn't open until 6:30.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

Musubi & coffee at any ABC Store.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

Denny's in Lewers St is open 24hrs and is a stones throw away from the Outrigger.

New England
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

We had a yummy lunch at a place near Pearl Harbor. We could have walked there from the parking lot. Schooners. I don't know if they serve breakfast.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,388 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

I would also just pick up something at an ABC Store or a fast food restaurant like McDonald's.

Or stop at Leonard's on the way for malasadas & coffee. You can take Kapahulu Ave to get to H-1.

Denny's would be OK, but it is menu & you would have to add 1/2 hour or so. If you get up early enough, it would be fine.

You can take food & beverages to the visitors center. They are not allowed on the actual tour (the film, the ferry to & from the USS Arizona Memorial or on the memorial).

BLBL is correct in her estimate. About 40 minutes to drive & park. I'd make it 45 minutes to be safe. So you need to leave Waikiki around 6:30. 6:20 if you stop at Leonard's.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

I'd do ripe local papaya, an apple banana, a scrambled egg musubi (if you really need more to eat), and a nice cup of good local coffee on your lanai! Breakfast of champions!!

But, if you decide to go the Leonard's malasadas route, well, your secret is safe here!!

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,208 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

I would eat before you get going. The trip between Waikiki to Pearl Harbor isn't exactly the most scenic. It's thru a major city, commercial/industrial areas, etc. You have more choices right in Waikiki. If you don't have time for that, I'd just hit an ABC store or bakery and get something to-go.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

We definitely did the Leonards-for-malasadas route to Pearl Harbor. But, if you want something more savory, Nico's Pier 38 opens for breakfast at 6:30 and is on your way to Pearl Harbor (if you don't take H1). We usually hit Nico's for lunch, on the way back, but they do a nice breakfast, as well.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,280 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

There are literlaly tons of places to eat at in nearby Aiea. Big City Diner is one of our favorites! But I'm assuming you mean you want something near your hotel or in Waikiki?? And I'm assuming you'll have a car to go somewhere to eat and then on to Pearl Harbor??

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast on the way to Pearl Harbor

Since I'm one of those people that don't ever eat a huge breakfast, my vote goes for Leonard's as well. Even if you don't feel like a malassada (blasphemy! - lol) they do have a full bakery case of the usual turn-overs, rolls, sausage rolls, cakes, cookies, etc as well as selling brewed coffee (no blender drinks) and other drinks (soda, juice, milk).