We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas closures 2014

Queensland...
Level Contributor
22 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas closures 2014

Hi travelling to Waikiki for Christmas and new year and was just wanting to know will a lot of the shops and restaurants be closed over this period?

Also what about all the activities on the beach and the tourist attractions?

Thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas closures 2014

I've spent several Christmases in Waikiki and can't think of anything that's ever been closed. There may be some closures but nothing that impacted my trip. Even Macy's in Waikiki is open. Restaurants tend to fill up so reservations will be needed. Christmas is a wonderful time to visit. The hotel lobbies are decorated beautifully with the PK gingerbread creation not to be missed.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Australia
Level Contributor
393 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas closures 2014

We were there last Xmas/new year, it's one of the busiest times - everything is open. Listen when people say make reservations, we didn't and waits were over an hour (not fun when you're wandering the streets and starving!)

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas closures 2014

Only thing I can think of that might be closed is PH (USS Arizona, Bowfin, Missouri, and Pacific Aviation Museum). I would check about Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
49,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas closures 2014

You will find a few of the attractions actually closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Most of the retail shops and restaurants, especially those in Waikiki, open.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
5. Re: Christmas closures 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:15