We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moana Surfrider

Albuquerque,N.M.
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Moana Surfrider

We will be making reservations at the Moana Surfrider. There are two availabilities in our budget. The Tower City view or the Diamond Deluxe ocean view. I would like to know between these two units, which would be the better part of the hotel. I know that there are several sections of the hotel. I would love an ocean view, but I did not know about the Diamond section. Thank you.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,922 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moana Surfrider

Aloha,

The Daimond Wing is older than the Tower, but has been remodeled recently.

I would go with the ocean view every time.

Have a great time,

Aloha

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moana Surfrider

I totally agree with Jet-we were there a couple of months ago-very nice, you over look a small green lawn, beyond which is the beach. The rooms are slightly smaller than the tower rooms 313 sq.ft. v 348.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,077 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moana Surfrider

I prefer being in the older building over the Surfrider Tower.

Albuquerque,N.M.
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moana Surfrider

Thank you I have booked a room in the Diamond wing.........ocean view.

Dallas
Level Contributor
25,158 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moana Surfrider

If I remember correctly, the ocean view rooms in the Diamond Wing have nice window to look out of, but the windows do not open and their is no lanai. I would prefer the tower rooms in an ocean view room with a nice lanai to sit on and enjoy.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moana Surfrider

Not quite-they have walk out sliding glass doors-the balcony is really puny though.

7. Re: Moana Surfrider

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:17