We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation advice for mum and 2 older kids

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation advice for mum and 2 older kids

Hello I have been reading this forum and hotel reviews and confusing myself silly. I am travelling with my 20 year old daughter and 15 year old son. I am planning on staying in Waikiki for 10 nights...( maybe I should split it with another island but that may be another post)

I really do not want to be in one room together. I have looked at various options and even condos.

My wish list is either 2 rooms or 2 bedroom room. I like to be in walking distance to shopping etc. as I won't have a car. Dated or rooms needing refurb are definitely out. I have not set a fixed budget yet but imagine no more than $500 per night. From what I gather that would get me one nice room -all in together or 2 separate rooms which at $250 a night would probably be in dated/tired hotel.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
279 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation advice for mum and 2 older kids

Luana Waikiki has two bedrooms. When I search Tripadvisor there is a 15% special going on right now. It's an aqua property so there is not a hotel fee. The two bedroom units look nice from the pictures. I've only stayed in a basic room. The property is located closer to Fort Derussy, which is at the beginning of Waikiki and not at the heart of it. About a 10 minute stroll. I like the beach better there so that's why I stay in that area. It's not beachfront, you have to walk through the park to get to the beach, but it's only a 5 minute walk and the beach is less crowded but very nice. I'd stay there again. The hotel provides beach chairs for your use, free WIFI and there are oceanview/garden views available. Granite counter tops and wetbars in most rooms.

Edited: 25 May 2014, 07:13
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation advice for mum and 2 older kids

what about a two bedroom suite at embassy suites? I imagine that would be within your budget? Breaskfast and "happy hour" are included which would be helpful with 2 older kids i reckon!

Coronado, California
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation advice for mum and 2 older kids

Despite the fact it isn't my favorite, the Trump Waikiki might work for you. Also look at the Wyndham Waikiki, Waikiki Beach Tower and Hilton Grand Waikikian.

4. Re: Accommodation advice for mum and 2 older kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:17