We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leonards Birthday Cakes bringing to Shorebird

Kentucky
Level Contributor
529 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Leonards Birthday Cakes bringing to Shorebird

Thinking of having my Dad's birthday dinner at Shorebirds. We will be staying at the Outrigger Reef. I thought it would be fun to stop by Leonards and pick up some goodies such as cupcakes, malasadas and cakes for his birthday, do you think Shorebirds would allow us to bring them in. I know some restaurants frown upon things like this. Or how close in proximity is Shorebirds from Leonards? Would it just be more fun to walk to it if it's close? We will have a car too! Thanks so much!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,590 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leonards Birthday Cakes bringing to Shorebird

If you like fairly long walks you could do it but I wouldn't want to walk back with the goodies!! Driving would make more sense. I don't know what the Shorebird would do, call them and ask.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leonards Birthday Cakes bringing to Shorebird

They let us bring in our wedding cake a very looooong time ago. Fishy is right, give them a call

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leonards Birthday Cakes bringing to Shorebird

I'm reminded of one time we came back to the Outrigger Waikiki with take out from Rainbow Drive-In. As soon as the valet saw the boxes, "you guys went to Rainbow! All right!"

I imagine the even more iconic Leonard's boxes will just bring smiles to everyone.

Definitely drive it. The walk would be almost an hour, each way.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,674 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leonards Birthday Cakes bringing to Shorebird

I would check with the restaurant directly. I would never assume it is OK to bring in food from another place regardless of how locally popular it is.

It's too far to walk imo. Especially (as mentioned) round-trip and carrying goodies.

suze

Kentucky
Level Contributor
529 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leonards Birthday Cakes bringing to Shorebird

Thanks so much all!! I will definitely give them a call. It does sound much better driving than walking. :)

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leonards Birthday Cakes bringing to Shorebird

Malasadas do not save well, they need to be eaten fresh.

Also check out Liliha Bakery. The coco puffs are amazing and they have beautiful cakes and other pastries as well. http://lilihabakeryhawaii.com/

If you are willing to drive to dinner, La Mariana Sailing Club would make a great place for a special meal, it is quite the memorable place.

Edited: 21 June 2014, 16:30
Atwater, California
Level Contributor
345 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leonards Birthday Cakes bringing to Shorebird

We love Leonard's for malasadas and DeLite for guava chiffon and rainbow cakes. Yummmmmm

8. Re: Leonards Birthday Cakes bringing to Shorebird

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:17