We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Luau Question

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Another Luau Question

I have decided on Paradise Cove Luau. Don't need transportation.

Would you choose Deluxe or Orchid package and why. Getting a discount with Entertainment book. So the Deluxe is now doable :) But, wasn't sure if it is worth it!

Also, what time would you arrive since the seats are first come first served.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
279 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Luau Question

Only you can answer this question. Looks like what you're paying for is a better view and an extra beverage. I personally, would just go orchard, because I'd be getting the same meal, table service, and show for a lower price. I'm happy just to be there and I don't need to be close. I've already been to several luau's and don't care where I sit. I also don't drink very much. I'd rather save the money and I prefer to serve myself. An hour early to arrive should be early enough. That's a lot of waiting around. Guess it depends how important seating is to you, you decide.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 23:52
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
279 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Luau Question

I'm sorry, you'd be getting table service with deluxe, not with the standard orchard. What I meant to say is I personally don't need this because I like to serve myself. Some people prefer table service to avoid the long lines. Correction. Bottom line is I'm cheap, that's why I would do orchard.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 23:56
Atwater, California
Level Contributor
345 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Luau Question

We were at the PC luau about two weeks ago. In the past we've paid for the front row seating and table service... this time we decided on the less expensive seats and self serve buffet. Soooo, from this experienced luau goer... I'd suggest you save some money and go for the less expensive seats. You'll still be able to see the show (and to ensure you get the best seat for the package you choose..... get to the Paradise Cove early and stand in line, because the seats are chosen on a first in line basis.) Plus, we enjoyed the buffet service much more than the table service, because we could choose exactly what and how much we wanted to eat. The kids went back for seconds....

Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Luau Question

Thank you! My husband would love the buffet part. Think we will do the middle one, Orchid. Appreciate all the help!

Also, what time do you consider early to arrive?

5. Re: Another Luau Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:16